Wednesday, January 21, 2015

stuff and junk and things . . .

The weather this week has been absolutely gorgeous, so far.  I captured this beautiful sunrise on Monday . . . 
I already shared it on facebook, but I like to cover all my bases.  LOL!  Today's forecast is pretty lovely, too:
Hard to believe we had snow flurries and ice, this time last week!

I did get to spend a tidy amount of time in the Nook yesterday . . . aaaaaaaah! I finished up the last few stitches on the POTC block I was working on. And then promptly forgot to take a picture of it. So I guess you really didn't need to see a picture of it!

I then pulled out the pineapple quilt and got busy on it. There were aspects of it strewn all over the room . . .
But the most important thing was getting it here:
So now the entire center is stitched together and what I have to work on now is stitching down the covering sashes. While I was at it yesterday, I did go ahead and cut, stitch and press all of those, so they'll be ready to go when it's time to attach the borders.  It's already a pretty substantial quilt and the borders will add 10" to all four sides!

It was a quiet day, spent in the company of me, myself and I.  Oh, and this darling little gal . . .
Isn't she sweet??!  She's my Nook "companion".  She never argues or disagrees with me and is a terrific listener! She quiet listens and smiles at everything I say. Very affirming. My Stitcher's Etc. pal, Sarah, made her for me, so I wouldn't be without companionship whilst stitching the day away! She needs a name. Any thoughts??

Did you know that today is Squirrel Appreciation Day?! It is! And to celebrate I found a darling royalty-free drawing that would make a very cute stitchery . . .
credit
Perfect for my neck of the woods (quite literally)! Just right click and save. It beats trying to 'hug a squirrel'!

Linking up today to Esther Aliu's WOW (Wips On Wednesdays) post!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Gorgeous sunrise!
Glad you finally got to spend time in the nook with your cute little nymph as companion. How nice that you are not alone. : )

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So happy you had some glorious time in your nook - and agreeable companions are always welcome.

Barbara B said...

I would call her Lolly.

Mary said...

YEA, for your NOOK time! Cute dolly to keep you company. Name her Sarah since that's who made it for you.

Needled Mom said...

That sunrise is gorgeous! I love an un-opinionated assistant! Very cute.

Marsha Hodgkins said...

The royalty free Squirrel design would make a lovely wool project, Neesy.

Kate said...

Beautiful sunrise. It's nice to have had the warm up, even if it doesn't last.

How about Ruth as a name for your sewing buddy. Glad you were able to get some quality time in your Nook. Have a great weekend.

A Nudge said...

Lots of progress being made there, Denise. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone. I'd name your cutie Danielle - don't ask me why - it just popped into my head. She's cute.

Linda in Calif. said...

Such a joy to just spend time sewing. As for your doll - hmm...I think the first thing that pops in your head will suit her. She won't say a word, if she doesn't like it. Myself I would name her Jayce. Or name her "myself" when people ask who are you talking to. And you say "Myself".

Sarah said...

Congrats on getting the top together!! it must feel so good!!!! Great view of the "house" out your window - now you just need a birdfeeder directly out that window!! BTW - I'm struggling with this squirrel appreciation thing - the squirrels at my house are not exactly on speaking terms...