Tuesday, July 06, 2004

I try, although I don't always succeed, to daily read the selection from my devotional, My Utmost for His Highest. I've started underlining the passages that really speak to me. It's a little difficult, because the language is a little archaic, but I get the gist! :) I may go back someday and get the contemporary version.

The past two days have been dealing with worry and calculating without God. The best line was, "Resting in the Lord does not depend on external circumstances at all, but on your relationship to God Himself." WOW! My faith determines my ability to rest in the Lord. Regardless of the surgeries, tornadoes, whatever; if I have faith in my God -- if my relationship with Him is secure and close as it ought to be -- my worries will cease to exist! Not my circumstances, mind you -- the surgery, the tornado damage and whatnot is *still* there. I just don't have to worry about them!

0 left a comment . . .: