Monday, October 25, 2010

design wall monday; autumn style . . .

Today's design wall [table] Monday is inspired by the beautiful colors all over the place out here at Camp MACOBA!

Leaves and acorns -- and all in fun fall prints!

I'm not quite finished . . . I was easily distracted with views like this:

It's hard to stay inside when the crisp autumn air beckons!

Three more leaves to stitch, cut out, and turn right-side-out, then I can quilt the leaf veins and figure out how to put the pieces together.

Hopefully the little table runner will be a finish this afternoon or tomorrow. And hopefully the brilliant fall foliage will give us a couple more weeks of eye candy!

To see what other inspired projects are going on in the quilting world, head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and check out her Design Wall Monday posting!

Happy Monday, happy fall!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

Bonnie said...

Lovely fall color -- our trees are just now changing color. And, I look forward to seeing the finished table runner.

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

The views are absolutely wonderful. The leaves are turning here in southern Louisiana, but at my house they are ugly. We have not had a lot of rain this year and it must make a difference. Last year they were gorgeous.

I like your leaves and acorns. It will make a lovely runner.

Cathy said...

Lovely views at your place, both inside and out. That will be a fun table runner, and I'm looking forward to see what else you do with it. Our leaves are mostly finished now, and on the ground. There was snow 3 1/2 hours north of us a couple of days ago, up where our son lives in Collingwood. It all melted the next day, but it is a sign of more to come. Good days to stay inside and quilt.

Chris said...

You are just teasing me with all the beautiful fall foliage!! We don't get that here and I miss it :)

Paula and Mel said...

Up here , in WIsconsin, our leaves are done. On the ground and brown. It was delightful to see your pictures and the colors of fall.
I can't wait to see your project finished. It really tweaked my interest.
Have fun and keep on sewing.
Paula

Nina-Marie said...

I love to take inspiration from photos - I'll put the photos on my wall and look at them as I'm working. Seems to ground me!

Pat said...

Your outdoor photos are absolutely gorgeous!

june at noon said...

I love Fall colors. Our leaves have taken their time turning around here, but I'm finally starting to see some goodness!

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful photos! Amazing colours!

kwiltnkats said...

I can picture a squirrel running across your table runner. Love your acorns. You have captured the colors of Fall very nicely. Thanks for sharing the Fall from your neck of the woods.