Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the landscape is slowly catching up . . .

Todd and I took the golf cart out a couple of days ago, just tooling about. When we moved here last year, it was late in fall and the glorious fall colors were at their peak! This year I have the pleasure of watching the transformation on a daily basis!

We first headed down to the upper pond. Because our summer was so dry, we're not going to have the spectacular colors we had last year, but in spite of the lack of rain, you can see that the foliage is doing its best to please!

The late afternoon sun was so bright, it was hard to get a decent picture. Above, the sun is to my back and shining down on the tree tops. It's almost easier to look in the pond reflection!


The leaves are definitely starting to drop. The bottom pond is full of swirly leaves!


Lots of reds and plums in these trees. You can just see Todd down there, searching the tree line for a good place to put picnic tables!


Okay, I admit, I'm a little fascinated with the reflection pictures. Especially since the colors look so much prettier in the water!


Ah, there you can see some gold leaves mixed amongst the red and green -- whew! It was starting to look a little Christmasy!


This tree caught my eye -- it has hardly any leaves on it; they're mostly all brown on the ground -- but the vine growing up the trunk is very pretty! It almost looks like a flame, growing as it moves up the tree.

In the deep woods things are mostly green. I just like the way the setting sun looked through the trees!

Slowly but surely, the foliage is catching up with the season!

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Rachel's Quilts said...

Beautiful pictures. I do love all the colours of fall. It makes up for the cooling temperatures.

Quilt Hollow said...

Just beautiful...and oh goodness Happy Birthday wishes!!!

Zlaty said...

Wow you are lucky to live in such a pretty place! Beautiful pictures!

La Tea Dah said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the reflection of autumn in the lake!

Enjoy camp!

LaTeaDah

Amy Ekis said...

Thank you, Mrs. Denise :)

You are definitely right. I am certain that's part of why we are going thru hard things: because He has big plans for us and wants to make me a better preacher's wife and to get us ready for all the ways God will use us in this church. It's not fun to go through but I know it will all be worth it.

I'm glad I know you too!

Amy