Thursday, October 28, 2010

playing with food = creative process . . .


I was sitting at work, playing with my food-- which I'm apt to do--and I arranged my candy corn like thus . . .
I don't know why; I just do things like that. It's worse with M&M's, because I have to arrange them in lines (and pyramid shapes) by color. Anyway, I digress. I was playing with my candy corn and for some reason, thought about the little leaf table topper I'd just finished.

If leaves and acorns made a cute, quilted table topper, how much more fun would a quilted candy corn table topper be, especially if your secret pal *loves* candy corn?!?

So I opened up Publisher and found a fun candy corn clip art, and created a concept picture.

Folks, I have the fabric. I can create the template. I do believe I know what I'm going to be working on this Saturday, at our stitch group's stitch-in!

And finally, because my day isn't complete without a new photo of my precious grandbaby . . .


:)

3 left a comment . . .:

Paula and Mel said...

Fabulous idea! Isn't it funny how just everyday life can spring up such a cool idea?
Love the picture of Sawyer.
Hugs
Paula

Vivian said...

Oh my goodness. We still laugh at my son and tease him because he used to put geno pizza rolls in a circle and take pictures of it. Too funny.

Vivian said...

Oh, by the way, it will make a great table topper. Good idea.