Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Just in time for Mother's Day, one of my favorite flowers bloomed ...

I so love peonies! They smell marvelous and open up into such glorious, full pinkness! They definitely make me SMILE!

Speaking of smiles, here's another of my favorites . . .

This is Sawyer enjoying his first Jell-O Easter egg! He made pretty quick work of it! (And it made pretty quick work of his Easter outfit, too. Ooops!)

From my darling Jocelyn, I got an early Mother's Day present . . .


That's sweet Everett's actual little hand print, etched into a silver charm, and his name engraved on the back side. Isn't it darling? This is a gift I'll treasure for all my years. This will be a tough day for my darling girl. My heart still aches for her. We count the days until she can hold him in her arms again in Heaven!

Todd and I trekked out for a bit yesterday afternoon. Spring is out in full force at the Camp!

I'm not sure what this flower is -- but there were lots of blooms on it, and it sure is pretty!


There's one last peony bloom on the plant. I think I'll take this one to Kim. These are her all-time favorite flowers ever!


The meadow was full of daisies and something else that was yellow, bright and sunny (and probably responsible for my terrible sinus troubles)! It really was a lovely day.


Our destination was down the Beech Bottom Trail to the Secret Creek. I love this spot. I think it's the perfect place for a picnic lunch and a long, lazy afternoon.

Truly idyllic. I captured just a short clip of the creek, flowing strong, to share . . .

Did you hear the crickets chirping in the background? How blessed I am!

Happy Mother's Day!!

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

Asiyah said...

What a wonderful way to remember Everett. Glad you all are safe despite the tornados. Happy Mother's Day!

Cathy said...

That looks like such a beautiful spot. A wonderful place to spend an afternoon with a book, or some needle work. And what a lovely way to remember a precious child.

Pat said...

I thought about your daughter and knew this day would be hard for her. The gift she gave you was lovely and brought tears to my eyes. The creek video was nice. Hubby has made some of his own nature CD's for me to listen to sometimes as I drift off to sleep. I love those sounds. I hope you had a Happy Mother's Day.

Gmama Jane said...

What a lovely post Denise!! The handprint of Everett touched my heart...knowing what a tough day this must be for Joclyn. I loved the creek video.
Blessings
Jane