Saturday, May 21, 2011

looking back . . .

I didn't want to let this day go by without acknowledging that it was one year ago today that I had my accident.

So much has happened in this last year; I wish I could say that one of those things was my complete recovery, but that's not to be -- at least not for now. It's been a year filled with events wonderful and events tragic.

But I'm not going to focus on the past -- good or bad -- but on the future, instead. "'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Here's to the coming year!

:)

2 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

AMEN to that, Denise...AMEN!

Paula and Mel said...

Our future holds such pleasures, more so than looking into our past. Somehow, looking back we tend to hold on to the unpleasant, more so than the pleasant. The road is never smooth. The bumps we encounter are not mistakes, they are the lessons. We each have our own story, which, like a fingerprint, can not be changed.
Love and hugs