Monday, August 19, 2013

happily stitching along . . .

It's probably no big mystery what's on my design wall this week . . .
Thankfully, between a meeting at church that Todd needed to stay for (and so, consequently, did I) and the guild transition and board meeting, I got *all* of my fabric pieces tacked to their corresponding paper pieces . . . 
. . . and I got two full twisted hexies whipped together!  These are going together so smoothly and I just continue to adore the way the fabrics play so nicely together!  My next step is to see if I can find a pretty crocheted tablecloth (in a thrift store or flea market or yard sale) to attach the finished project to.  It will be sort of like a hexie topper with a swirly skirt!  LOL!

Speaking of the board meeting, our new guild president, Jane, has the most beautiful home!  In addition to being a quilter, she's also a master gardener, so her yard was lovely.  But I was quite taken with this darling little critter in her front yard . . .
Isn't he fun?  Much better than the real thing (it's an armadillo) which she told us they get a lot of up on the mountain, there!

I was keeping my pretty little hexie pieces all together in this sweet little bag that the outgoing president made for each of her board members . . . 
I love the colors in this -- right up my alley!  And it's the perfect size for my bigger hexies.  I also came home two fat eighths richer . . .
Everyone got to pick their two favorites as a pot luck favor!  I'll happily add these to August's intake.

I also came into possession of this sweet little pin keeper:
Isn't it beautiful? My friend over at Quilting Lion, awarded it to me for submitting the winning theme to her Christmas stocking exchange for this year.  The theme I submitted was All That Glitters!  No surprise there, either, huh??! 

And finally, one last item for the design wall (or design back-of-the-chair, as the case is here).  
I'm interviewing fabrics for another spirograph piece.  This one will be a hostess gift, so I'm trying to think autumn ... to match the record cool temperatures we're experiencing down here in the Heart of Dixie!

Linking up today's post with Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and Design Wall Monday as well Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching (seeing as how that's how I spent the majority of my day yesterday)!  

Happy week!

:)

10 noted . . .:

Mary said...

You are getting a good start on Christmas. the yellow with the falll fabrics is a little bright. nice gifties you vame home with. glad you are back to blogging.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love your hexie project! Lots of neat little gifts and love the 'over the chair' fabrics.

Sarah said...

You are moving right along with the twisted hexies! Can't wait to see it with a skirt - will you put it on the dining table or a side table?

Janet O. said...

What a clever idea for a table topper. Can't wait to see what you find.
What a cute armadillo. When my son was a missionary in Brazil I asked him to tell me the strangest thing he had to eat. That was it--armadillo.
Oh, you are really amassing the goodies! : )

Needled Mom said...

Those hexies are just wonderful.

I really love seeing cute yard art like that.

Cathy said...

Your hexies are looking so good. And I love all the other "loot" that's showing, too.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love, love, love how the hexies are coming together! Gorgeous! And with a "skirt"? Wow!

Lov those fall colors ... can't wait to see them all finished up.

Bev Carter said...

Love the hexies. They will make a great table topper. The armadillo was so adorable.
Have a wonderful week,
Bev
@ Eclectic Red Barn

Quilter Kathy said...

Your hexies are so awesome! I'm working on mine this week too! Thanks for linking up!

Katherines Corner said...

Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo