Friday, August 02, 2013

some bits and pieces . . .

Just a quickie post . . . I still have a LOT to catch up on, but I wanted to share a couple of fun things.  First off, I headed out to stitch with our Stitchers' Group last night and look what my friend Jackie had for me:
WHOOHOO!!  I'm in Miniature Quilts magazine heaven!!  And these are ALL new from the ones I scored here.  I sure wish they still published this little gem!

I liked my summer sunflower so much, I decided I wanted to do something for September.  That month just screams apples to me so I searched my hard drive for an appropriate design.  Here's what I came up with...
Fun, no?  I still have to do some stitching and then put it onto a back ground and quilt it, but I think I'll be in good shape when September rolls around!  In fact, I'm already thinking pumpkins! (Bahaha!)

I spent a nice day with Joc and Ellie, in my digs.  I broke my toe this week and damaged the tendons connected to it, so they came here!
Ellie had a ball looking out the window at the birds and squirrels and chipmunks.  She even took a nap up in the big bed -- a first!

And since it *is* Feline Friday and I've been *so* lax about that for most of this year (I'm sorry Sarah!!!), I figured I'd share Leia in her new digs . . .
Yup.  Nothing's changed for her!! 

Happy weekend!!!

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Love the Feline Friday photo, Denise. I am also thinking of pumpkins, apples, all things fall. Maybe I'll be ahead of the decorating game this year, hahahahahahahahahahahaha xo

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Apples, pumpkins, corn stalk bundles, crows, falling leaves of vibrant colours - ah creativity! My evil kitty!!!

Janet O. said...

You know those magazines make my mouth water!
It is still so hot here that I can't get out of the "Summer" mode. I'd love to be thinking Fall! What a perfect little block you have created.
Yup, looks like Leia still rules. : )

Missy Shay said...

She is such a pretty kitty!

Lee said...

Love Leia's Jekyll/Hyde pics. How on earth did you break your toe? You need to keep those feet in bubble wrap ;p Speaking of Fall, not my favorite, but when I was on vacay, some of the maples were already starting to turn light, and now that I'm home and went about town yesterday, I noticed that the Sycamores(?) were already changing to their ugly dry brown look in places. This is only the opening end of August, wonder at these 'early' changes.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - Miniature magazines!!! I collect those too; they're wonderful! I was blessed to get a pile of them from a lady who decided to get rid of all her mags. She gave me two stacks about 3 feet high each, and these treasures were all tucked away inside with others - I felt like I won the lottery!!!

You really are way ahead of the game for your table topper! I love the fabrics you chose for your apples :*)

You broke your toe!!!! Girl!!! You're just not safe to let out on your own LOL!!! I trust all is healing nicely and quickly? Praying for you :*D

Doniene said...

I've never seen that magazine!! It looks lovely - have to find one somewhere!!

LOVE the apples!! I used to do apples everywhere - I mean everywhere in my kitchen!! Now I just have my apple tins and another small cabinet with two sets of apple dishes!

Girl, you need to take care!!! Broken toes are no fun!! I'll be praying for you!!

Ellie is just the cutest thing!! I can tell you had a good day!!

Blessings

Needled Mom said...

The apples are darling. Gosh, I hope your toe heals quickly. Ouch!

Mary said...

Apples for Back to School time. I love the freebie Magazines. Have fun getting inspired. Glad you had some Ellie time too!

Cathy said...

Your poor foot! Not the same one that's taken all the other abuse, I hope. I love the picture of Ellie. She's gotten so big a little girlish, rather then a baby any more. I'm sure you'll take full advantage of your forced down time and I hope you get lots of fun stitching done.

Katherines Corner said...

thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite things hop xo

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry about your toe. No fun! Wish you could come to my quilt guilds show in March. We have a booth for old quilt magazines and such. It is sew much fun to pick out the magazines (like I need more magazines). You could help me demo my vintage machines, too!

Kate said...

Hope your toe is healing well.

The apple wall hanging is fun. You did a great job with it.

Sarah said...

Of course you're thinking pumpkins - I wouldn't expect any less!. Goodness what happened with the toe? I was about to say that Leia looked liked she liked her new digs until the evil shot...guess not...