Tuesday, November 04, 2014

booking it . . .


Today is the first Tuesday of the month, so guess what??
It's The Bibliophile Files day!!

My three books (because one book covers two of my monthly challenge rolls) are as follows:

Someplace Safe With Somebody Good, by Jan Karon. I have long awaited the release of this book and then had to wait a long, long time for it to be my turn to check out the digital library copy. I'll buy this one, actually, but not until it comes out in paperback . . . to match the rest of the collection!!  ;)

Next up is The Hardest Peace, by Kara Tippets.  Have you heard of the blog, Mundane Faithfulness? She's an amazing person - wife, mom, and daughter of the Most High - and struggling with cancer. She chronicles her struggles in a very real and beautiful and compelling manner. 

And finally, this month (this week?!) is Trim Healthy Mama, by sisters Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett. After all the struggle I've been through in dieting and weight loss, this is such a refreshing change! I admit I'm already about a quarter of the way through it, but it's really making eye-opening sense to me!



So, so far this month, this is what's on my reading plate! Hop on over to sarah did it! to see what other bloggers are reading about . . . you might hear about a book that interests YOU!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I can't wait to read Jan Karon's newest book. I have all the others, and like you will check out the digital from the library first. But I've got two on my kindle, and another waiting to be read, so it might be a while :-)

Janet O. said...

Is the latest Jan Karon book part of the Father Tim series or is it independent of that?
I read the Mitford series and loved every word, but had a hard time with the Father Tim series. Couldn't get into it.
Hmmm, maybe I need that last one!! : )

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Someday I will give the Jan Karon books a try... I think I've read one over the years but should really read them in order I suspect.

Sarah said...

Jan Karon seems popular - maybe I should check out her books. I think the "common sense guide to ... cravings" would be very helpful to this grazer. Looking forward to hearing more about that one...

StitchinByTheLake said...

Love, love,love Jan Karon! blessings, marlene

Scrappy quilter said...

Trim Healthy Mama is a great book and a great way to get back to being healthy. Well worth the price for the 607 pages.

Kate said...

I need to check out that last one.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I can't believe I missed this post ... and that I've not read any of Jan Karon's books. I have purchased the audiobook version of books 1&2 of the Mitford series ... I'm planning on doing plenty of reading today while quilting and this weekend between events at the swim meet. ;-)