Monday, November 03, 2014

working design wall . . .

Rather, what my design wall looks like, even though I'm back at work this week! I'll be filling back in at the Madison Baptist Association three days a week through December. That'll leave me plenty of time for creating, which is good, since these fabrics are spread across my work table right now . . .
The multi-colored squares were calling to me, telling me they'd like to be in a NICU quilt. Our guild regularly gives comfy quilts and NICU quilts, and I wanted to give. I've worked out in EQ a simple design of shoo-fly blocks that I like . . . 
Now it's just a matter of deciding whether the setting color will be in black or in white . . .
I think I'm leaning toward black. What do you think??

Linking up to Patchwork Times.  Have a GREAT Monday!

:)

11 noted . . .:

tink's mom said...

That little print is wonderful for the centers. I'm leaning toward the black myself. Either way it will be loved.

Needled Mom said...

So pretty!!! I think I like the black better. They say little ones are drawn to blacks.

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Black gets my vote!! It makes the brights pop. Love the center multi colored squares.

Happy November to you!!

Momof3girls said...

Love the black! It brings out the bright colors so much more.

Janet O. said...

The black is a better compliment to that fun center print.

Barbara B said...

Love the black! What a bright and cheerful quilt!

Melissa Labella said...

Super cute either way! Been missing seeing you!

Julie in GA said...

I don't mean to confuse your decision even more, but have you considered alternating black and white blocks?
I think they would look great (maybe I should make some!)
Love your fabric for the centers.

Mary said...

Cute quilt in either color. Make one of each! Have fun!

Kate said...

I like the black. All those colors just sparkle with the black.

Missy Shay said...

I love black with bright colors!