Sunday, November 02, 2014

this little piggy . . .

Went to Lyon Family Farms and had a marvelous time!  Aren't they funny?  They loved those little piggy noses.  They got even more darling on Halloween night:
Photo courtesy of my son-in-law, Jason!
What a trio!! The Ballerina, Camo Man, and Queen Elsa. This year they all knew their minds enough to know what they wanted to be. Gosh I love 'em! 

I don't know about anyone else, but for us, November definitely blustered its way into town.  Whew!  We're sitting chilly at 28 degrees this morning!  Brrrrrr! But the temps started dropping drastically on Friday, making it cold *and* wet for Trunk or Treat, so we moved the whole shebang indoors.
My poor little Halloween Town pumpkin looked great on the back of my car -- it left a little to be desired hanging on a couple of tables, propped up against the wall (you can definitely tell it was 'sprayed to fit')! LOL!

As for the ol' stash report?  Same song, second verse.  Nothing's changed for better or worse!
Yup.  Zero in, zero out. I'll take that.

On the other hand, I did have a finish!
Yay!  And come Monday, it'll be hanging in my mini-quilt stand!

And for today's slow stitching, I'll continue to plug along stitching up my little pieces . . .
It took me a while to get the outside pieces cut and templated up -- I was waiting for the acrylic template to cut them, because the design I wanted to catch needed the precision. It was worth the wait.

Linking up this morning to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!  Y'all have a glorious Sunday and stay warm!!

:)

17 noted . . .:

Dee Dee said...

What a bunch of cuties you have! I like the piggy noses. Your stars/flowers you are paper piecing are beautiful. Enjoy your day!

Teresa in Music City said...

Such sweet little trick-or-treaters!!! And those pig noses LOL!!! Can't wait to see your POTC finished - and looking forward to many more. I think I'm going to have to break my fast and cut a few out today - I'm really tired of non-stop Bertie blocks :)

Needled Mom said...

The little ones look so cute. It ia a shame that it was so chilly for them.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It was cold here for Halloween too! Those kids are adorable! Love the piggy snouts! Nice stitching for you to work on today! Have fun!

Barbara said...

Cute piggies.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful children and the block is going to be gorgeous!

1000needles.com said...

so cute! The project your working on is going to be beautiful! I love how it's coming together.

Melissa Bishop said...

I love that material. So cute. The kids are adorable. So cute at this age.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh such sweetness and cuteness and giggles all rolled into one with that photo!

Christine Feldstein said...

Wonderful kids, so sweet! I am eager to see your block finished, it looks great!

Sarah said...

Very cute trick and treaters!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Cute little piggys and such cuties in their Halloween attire. My granddaughter also insisted upon being elsa as did 90 percent of the girls in her daycare! LOL Have fun slow stitching today!

Dar said...

What a cute and precious trio you have there. Those piggy noses are too funny.

Janet O. said...

Cute, cute, cute! : )
We had a balmy Halloween and the storm blew in the next day. It is very unusual when no one has to wear a coat over their costume around here, and we loved it.
More gorgeous POTC blocks in the works--can't wait!!

Mary said...

Cute Littel ones! Halloweeen night the rain let up just long enough for the Trunk or Treat to go on. DH even got to come join me handing out the treats and todding them to the adults too. Glad your little ones could choose fun costumes. I prefer the cute ones over the grim reaper and monster ones.

Quilter Kathy said...

Adorable photos of sweetness!
Love the photo of all the fabric pieces waiting to be stitched together!

Kate said...

Quite the contrast in the costumes, but all three look cute. It was cold here for Halloween too.