Sunday, November 16, 2014

silly me . . .

I was so hoping I'd have finished piecing up my NICU top by the end of the week, and thereby have some movement in my stash report.  But it wasn't to be . . .
Stash report remains the same for three weeks running.  I can pretty much guarantee that won't be the case with next weeks report!

I didn't get it pieced, but at our stitch-in today, I did get all my pieces cut!
Fifty 4-1/2" squares and one hundred twenty-five 2-1/2" squares.  Whew!  I also grabbed some shots of what the other gals were working on.  My friend Sarah (my affirmation sister) was working on . . . 
Isn't that gorgeous?  It's Moda's Love Layer Cake pattern.  I love her take on it!

And my friend Kari was working on this gorgeous piece:
Wow, right??!!  And here I was cutting squares.  LOL!!

Speaking of cutting, that's pretty much what I'll be doing this afternoon: prepping for some slow stitching time.  I've got two more POTC blocks to prepare . . .
Aren't those fabulous colors??  I went ahead and purchased two more kits from Jan (who blogs at Sew and Sow Farm) at her Etsy shop, Featherweight Quilt Co.  She's got a great eye for putting these blocks together!

Tomorrow is the 17th, which means it's Linky Party time over at sarah did it! with her HeLP for hexi-aholics! In honor of said day, I will finally get my act together and do a related giveaway -- so be sure to check back!

Linking up today's post to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Y'all have a blessed Sunday!!

:)

12 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

I love that black and white piece of Kari. Cutting blocks is definitely making headway. There are days and weeks like that where we don't feel as though we have accomplished much.

Kris said...

Aren't Jan's kits great? She does have a wonderful eye for the POTC combinations!! Your Stash report will change this coming week!! :-)) Your friends' blocks are great and yes, wow on Kari's blocks!!

Dee Dee said...

It is always such fun to sew/quilt/cut with friends. Looking forward to seeing what you make with all those wonderful, colorful squares.

CathieJ said...

The fabrics you are working with are beautiful. The WIPs are great too. They are both very impressive.

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Cutting is one of my least favorite parts, so great job on getting everything cut out. Your colors are cheerful!

kwiltnkats said...

Cutting can take time, but putting together is going to be swift. Wow is right on Kari's block. I like your multi fabric on the 2nd row far right. Your fabric selection shows great promise. Sandi

Janet O. said...

Okay, so you have amazingly talented friends with gorgeous projects, but they had to start their projects with cutting, too. Yours will "wow" them when it is showing some form! : )

Quilter Kathy said...

Yes... as Tanya already said in her comment, cutting in one of my least favorite things to do, so you did accomplish alot! Enjoy your stitching today!

Teresa in Music City said...

Sometimes getting all the pieces cut is all that is needed to get me jumpstarted on a project! Love your colors :) And I'm really in love with the black/white/color quilt - woohoo!!!! Can't wait to see your next POTC blocks :)

Kate said...

Nothing out, but nothing in either, so that's not a bad week. You'll do well next week, getting all that cutting done will really make a difference.

Dar said...

Your POTC colors look wonderful. Can't wait to see what you do with the layout. I know you will have some movement in your stash report next week. It's just bound to happen with all that cutting you've done.

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a very productive day. I'm sure it was easier to do allllllll that cutting with your friends around that trying to be distracted at home. LOL.
Fab POTC fabrics! Can't wait to see how you fussy cut them!