Sunday, November 23, 2014

fabric, prizes, books and bling . . .

I had a little action both in and out on my stash report this week . . .
Yeah, a little bit out and then a pretty little selection that offset it . . .
I picked up these beautiful prints from my sweet friend, Kris, over at Lavender Quilts.  Check her blog out on Mondays -- she's got a weekly Moving Sale Monday post going on that, as you can see, includes some very prettiful fabrics! Won't these make gorgeous pieces for POTC blocks??! 

And Kris, being the darling that she is (we met when she was my Secret Santa, several seasons ago), included the sweet little fat quarter on the end (right) and this darling pin . . .
SOOOO me!  LOL!  My husband laughed equally hard.  He knows me too well.  :)

It also occurs to me I've had some fun wins over the past month that I haven't shared.  Shame on me!  First, I won this wonderful set of Jacqueline Steves patterns from Lily Pad Quilting!
Aren't these darling?! I adore the little flowers, especially!

Next, I won a copy of Carrie Turansky's audiobook, The Governess of Highland Hall.
Carrie is a marvelous writer and her books are such fun to read!  If you're a Downton Abbey fan, you'll definitely enjoy these!

I was also the lucky recipient of some $5 coupons to TeaVivre . . .
This was compliments of my friend Melissa, at High Altitude Beauty.

I'm so blessed!  Some of this will make its way around . . . once I've listened to Carrie's book, for example, I'm sure there is someone who'd love to give it go!

We'll be having our Thanksgiving fellowship after church today . . . and right after that, an extended choir practice (which we desperately need).  All that to say that I'm not sure how much slow stitching I'll get in this afternoon.  If I do, it'll be on these pretties . . .
I've got quite a few cut out, but they need stitching on the petals--or *fancifying* as I like to call it! It's probably going to occupy my week, not just my afternoon!

Linking up today with Patchwork Times (twice) and Kathy's Quilts.  Enjoy a peace-filled Sunday!

:)

18 noted . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've picked up some lovelies from Kris too. Your little felt flowers are adorable.

Kate said...

Those fat quarters will make some gorgeous POTC blocks. Hope you manage to fit in some slow stitching today.

Melissa Bishop said...

Thank you for mentioning me, Denis. I've placed holds for two of Carrie's books at the library on the Ebook self.
Love,love, love, all the fabric.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Teresa in Music City said...

You lucky girl you!!! Love those fabrics you got - and yes, they will be too cute used in POTC blocks!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

It's amazing how a few stitches really bring a project to life! Love what you are doing on those petals!

Lisa J. said...

Thanks for the wish for a peaceful Sunday. I'm feeling the need for one. I love the button, and those fancy flowers.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice additions to your stash--very pretty I will be watching for them in future projects

Gwynette in NW Arkansas said...

Gorgeous fat quarters!!! I love listening to books on my hour long drive to town. I'm thinking about your felt flowers for my small quilt group.... They are lovely!

A blessed Thanksgivng to you and yours, Denise.

CathieJ said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. I love the "fancifying" that you are doing on them. It makes quite a difference.

Sarah said...

Very pretty fabrics and your felt flowers are very Christmassy!

Chantal said...

Beautiful fabric. Lucky girl, congrats on the winnings but those flowers really got my attention. Wow. They are so beautiful. Love them.

Jean(ie) said...

Dang, you are one lucky woman!

Deb A said...

Lucky you! Beautiful fabrics and I love those flowers. I'll have to look into that book - I just finished one last night.

Janet O. said...

Great fabric choices! That Kris is a sweetheart, isn't she? I love the pin! : )
Seriously, is your winning streak ever going to end?!?

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE that button!!!! So true.

Those flowers are so pretty.

Kris said...

You cute thing!! Thank you so much for letting everyone know about my wonderful Moving Sale Mondays!! Isn't that pin a crack up!! :-))

Sarah said...

Looks like you had your work cut out for you with the pretty pins! You always win the best pressies!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Boy do I need that pin!!!! I now have a large piece of fabric for a Lucy block, and I don't even have the templates, etc. Sorry I missed your giveaway. I'm really behind on blog reading.