Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters. . .God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. Genesis 1:1-2, 27

By faith we understand that the worlds were prepared by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things which are visible. Hebrews 11:3

These two sets of Scripture are the basis for our lesson on Sunday. I'm brimming with God-given ideas about how to teach this Scripture to our girls. I pray that the Lord will keep my heart and mind open to His direction!

Todd and I walked again this morning. It was very early -- 5:45 am -- when we started out! But how beautiful! The air is cool and dewy and it smells delicious. There aren't any technology noises; just birds and frogs and hidden things. And the occasional dog! But at that time of day, even the dogs are at a minimum! Only one car passed us. We had a nice walk. Another 1.75 miles in 30 minutes. Go us!

In my quiet time I've been reading about Israel's first king, Saul, and his subsequent demise. I know I've said this before, but I think it bears repeating. Reading the accounts of the early Israelites can be so disheartening -- because instead of learning from their mistakes, I just seem to _repeat_ them. Ugh. It's so easy to lose humility when put in a position of importance. Or given any responsibility. It's nothing to start creating ideas of what *I'll* do, or say, or accomplish; forgetting I'm there to do God's will, certainly not my own. I don't have to come up with anything -- I just need to be about what HE wants to accomplish. Otherwise, I'm just in His way -- a hindrance to His will -- and He will remove His favor, as He did with Saul. OBEDIENCE. HUMILITY.

Hmmmm...I wonder if I can come up with an accrostic for my name that would describe the sort of woman God desires me to be . . .

D edicated to His service
E xalting His holy name
N ever forgetting His sacrifice
I nfused by His Holy Spirit
S ubmitting in humility before Him
E nchanted by His presence

Wow. I'd like to truly be a DENISE -- except I'm having trouble with the N. I'll have to come back to that.

Lord -- I desire to be Your servant today. I pray you will guard me from evil; draw my focus to You; and allow me to be sensitive to Your guidance today. How I love You. Please give me an "N". :)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And He created me. May I be a pleasing image of Him today.

Ciao!

:)


post script: I found an "N" -- a pretty good one, too, if I do say so! Thanks, Lord!

:)

0 left a comment . . .: