Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Currently ReadingIntimate Issues : 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About SexBy Linda Dillowsee related

I made white bean chili for dinner tonight -- it was mmmm, mmmm good!

I think I want to make a fruit cake for this holiday season. I really like fruit cakes -- I found a nifty recipe for a fruited bread, which I'm going to try. It's actually for the bread machine, which I really enjoy using. Maybe I'll do it for Saturday brunch or sumpin.

I've spent the day going back and forth between cookbooks, my Beth Moore, "The Patriarchs" Bible study, and Intimate Issues. I'm really liking my trip through Genesis. It's fascinating.

I also took a nap this afternoon. I feel better than I have since Saturday. It was nice to wake up and feel good, for a change. Tomorrow it will be back to the same-o, same-o. Hurrah! There's something to be said for same-o!

:)

Later that same day . . .

Currently ReadingThe Patriarchs: Encountering the God of Abraham, Issac & JacobBy Beth Mooresee related

It was a dark and stormy night . . .

But it seems that most of that mess has passed us on by and we should be in the clear for today. Now, if only we could get temps down into the 50's during the night hours, all would be well. I'm ready for FALL! It is the 26th of September, for crying out loud's sake.

I'm still not feeling 100%. Of course, I'm not sure what it would take for me to feel 100%. Probably a new body. Harrumph.

Gwenevere is licking my toes. *Squish*

The last session of Apples of Gold is tomorrow. The session is on hospitality. It will be a lot easier to enjoy, since I've already taught mine. I need to be seriously praying for Reda, since it's her lesson and she doesn't teach a whole lot. I know how nervous I was, and I'm a teacher! I even teach adults! It was ridiculous! Especially since I knew God was the pilot -- I was just hanging on for the ride!

I looked over at my clock this morning and it read, "6:47". This is of particular significance to me, because it's the first three of my parent's phone number. I decided some time ago, that whenever I saw "647," I'd make it a point to pray for my mom & dad. I see it a lot, which is kinda weird, because it's a weird number. I see it a lot on Friday when I enter timecards and do payroll. It's God's way of letting me know He doesn't want me to get complacent about praying for / honoring my folks.

It's late; time to get this day thing rolling.

:)

0 left a comment . . .: