Yesterday was an exciting weather day! We were on tornado watch/warning for the better part of daylight. At one point, late in the afternoon, a particularly nasty storm passed through our county. From work, we were able to watch the wall cloud move past us, and I caught a pretty good shot of it . . .
I don't know that I've ever seen a wall cloud so clearly as yesterday. You could actually see lightning and rotation up in it.
All the storms were moving fast -- this one was going along at about 55 miles per hour. While it's reported that it did sport tornado touch downs a couple of times, there wasn't any extended damage in our county. I understand, however, that there were other areas in North Alabama that did get hit hard.
On a happier note, I did finish my Leaf & Acorn Table Topper last night!
This was such a fun little project. I'll give this one to my SP, but I believe I will go ahead and make a second for me. When I was cutting fabric for the leaf tops, I went ahead and cut the fabric for a second!
Instead of making it the same on both sides, I gave it a definite back by using a single fabric, the mossy green.
So there's the back, and following is the picture from the Art to Heart book that I used for the pattern.
This was the Easy Does It For Autumn book. There are *several* projects in here that I'd love to make -- such cute things!
:)
I don't know that I've ever seen a wall cloud so clearly as yesterday. You could actually see lightning and rotation up in it.
All the storms were moving fast -- this one was going along at about 55 miles per hour. While it's reported that it did sport tornado touch downs a couple of times, there wasn't any extended damage in our county. I understand, however, that there were other areas in North Alabama that did get hit hard.
On a happier note, I did finish my Leaf & Acorn Table Topper last night!
This was such a fun little project. I'll give this one to my SP, but I believe I will go ahead and make a second for me. When I was cutting fabric for the leaf tops, I went ahead and cut the fabric for a second!
Instead of making it the same on both sides, I gave it a definite back by using a single fabric, the mossy green.
So there's the back, and following is the picture from the Art to Heart book that I used for the pattern.
This was the Easy Does It For Autumn book. There are *several* projects in here that I'd love to make -- such cute things!
:)







3 expressed . . .:
WOW! The picture of the storm wall is amazing! Pretty scary stuff.
Your topper turned out just gorgeous. I love it. I may have to go lookin for that book.
I got binding made yesterday and now I have to finish the hand stitching. Also working on a candle mat for a Christmas gift. We leave for the south in about 5 weeks...Yikes! I have a lot to do yet.
Very windy here today.
Enjoy your day
Paula
Oh, those tornados look scary. We almost never have them here in Australia. I htikn the cloud formations look amazing but I'd hate to be in its path.
Take care,
Kerryanne
I LOVE your leaf table topper! After seeing your candy corn tutorial, I bet I can 'design' one of these. Beautiful!!
Post a Comment