Monday, December 20, 2010

it came upon a design wall clear . . .

Or rather, cleared and put up for the time being.

But certainly my schedule hasn't been cleared! Between church functions, office parties, guild parties, caroling parties . . . plus all of life's regular events (like, ugh, work and housework) . . . I'm worn out!

I still have packages to get out in the mail and a set of cards to finish -- two Charming Girls goals not met -- whoops! I've also got some baking ahead of me, but that's right on schedule!! I love making goody bags, and I'll work on that today and tomorrow!

Needless to say, my design wall will be empty for at least another week.

I'm sure, though, that if you check out Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times, you'll find plenty of folks who have inspiring work on their wall!

Today I'm off again to spend some time with my darling grandson. I get the added bonus of putting him to bed tonight, as his mommy & daddy are going to a work Christmas party! I'm sure we'll have plenty of photos for tomorrow. I'm taking Polar Express to read to him -- his first annual reading!

Happy, happy, joy, JOY!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Tamera said...

Have fun with your grandson!

Bonnie said...

Lucky you to live so close you can play babysitter and put him to bed. And, what a cool idea -- annual reading of Polar Express. Hum, not to self buy Sophia her own copy of the Polar Express. Quilting can wait with all the things you have to do!

Bonnie said...

Argh... proof reading didn't get done -- Note to self... etc.

Kate said...

Have a wonderful time with your grandson.

Chris said...

Have fun with your grandson. It is nice to start traditions like reading :)

AnnieO said...

Busy, busy time of year. It's a good thing to slow down and read! Hope you get lots of snuggling time in while you're sharing the pictures and words.

Pat said...

Denise, have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy that little one.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Glad you get to spend time with your precious grandson. What fun!!! Yes, this is a very busy holiday season, but we wouldn't have it any other way, would we? I so love Christmas, but am looking forward to quieter times come January. Merry Christmas!!! Love & blessings from NC!