Friday, February 25, 2011

Everett Samuel Merkel

I had so counted on this being a happy, excited entry in my blog. I don't think I'm ready to say much more than to quote the two things my precious daughter has already posted. First this, on Wednesday, February 23rd:
Thank you all so much for your sweet words and prayers. Everett Samuel Merkel was stillborn this afternoon at 1:40. He weighs 6 pounds 8 ounces, and is 19 inches long. While we don't understand why this happened, Jason and I trust that God is good, and His thoughts and plans for us are for our good and His glory. We continue to covet your prayers.
And then this, yesterday evening:
The outpouring of prayers and love for our family has truly been overwhelming. While I haven't been able to respond personally to each comment and message, know that your words have been a blessing in our time of grief. Our sorrow is Everett's joy, and we rejoice in the knowledge that we will be reunited with him because of God's sacrifice of His own Son. Praise God!
And while I am heartbroken for my darling girl and her husband -- who has been her pillar and comfort, even in his own grief -- I am also amazed and encouraged by their strength and courage. It is comforting to see that in their sorrow, there is also joy. God is good.

Everett will always be loved.

And that is worth my smile.

:)

18 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

Oh, I have been sick a good part of this week and am totally grief-stricken to read this. What in the world happened??? I am heartsick for all of you. Please know I am adding all of you to my prayers.

Tiffaney said...

It breaks my heart to read this. Prayers to your family.

free indeed said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. What a comfort can be yours in knowing God and resting in His love for you all. It is a blessing to read of your courage and testimony during this time to a lost world. May His purpose bring rejoicing for eternity for someone....
In sympathy,
Shelley

Alyse said...

I am so sorry to hear this terrible new. I am heartbroken for you and your family. Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

Cathy said...

Denise, I am so sorry. I can't even begin to imagine the pain, and what little I can imagine hurts so much. Praise God for His presence in your life, and your daughter's, so that what little comfort there is to be found in these days, can be found in Him. Many prayers for you, and your family.

Linda said...

I'm so sorry. Our daughter died 6 days after being born, and like you, we do not know why. It's wonderful to be able to trust God in this situtation. It is so comforting to let Him be in control. We don't have all the answers and we don't need to. Our God is faithful and kind.

Tina Wright Photography said...

You are precious my friend... as I continue to cry in your behalf, being so heartbroken for such dear friends, I am lifting you each up continually asking the Father to be your Jehovah Shalom... Your Jehovah Jireh... when my words will never be enough at this particular time... only wishing there was something I could do. I expect "When" there is, I will get a call or a text... You know I'm a call or a text away... I cherish each of you and our friendship. There is One thing for sure, God is being glorified already through every word your family has shared. And Precious Everett will certainly always be loved and his memory will always be cherished. Thank You Jesus for that "One Day" that you allow us to see him again ...

Sweet Denise you too are loved...
hugs,
Tina :) ...

Judy D said...

I am so sorry your family is suffering this great loss. Prayers for healing hearts are headed your way. I wish there were words to help. Hugs.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Denise, my heart is so heavy after reading about your loss. I am behind on my blog reading, so I am just seeing your post. I cannot imagine the pain you all are feeling right now. Know that you all are in my prayers! We will NEVER understand why things like this happen, but we just have to put our faith in God and His plan for our lives. There is hope and joy in knowing that you will be reunited with Everett in heaven one day. I am sending a hug to you now! Love & blessings from NC!

Peggy said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. How very blessed you are to have a daughter that is walking so close to God. As that old gospel song says..."Jesus hold my hand, I need thee every hour...." this is a time when you need to just hold his hand.

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear this news of your precious grandbaby. My prayers go out to you and your family...your daughter's faith is incredibly inspiring and admirable. God bless you all!

Amy Ekis said...

Love you Mrs. Denise. Praying for you and Todd as you are a pillar and comfort too. You are a strong lady! Even when it may not feel like it. We love you so much!

Kigwit said...

I am so sorry to hear about Everett. I pray that our Lord be with you and your family to comfort and sustain you.

BarbC said...

My heart so aches for you, your daughter... and your husbands. I have a nephew who was stillborn years ago... I look forward to seeing him in heaven one day. Please know that I am praying for you all. Barb

Asiyah said...

I was out of town and am just now catching up on my favorite blogs.

Words can't express how much my heart goes out to you all.

I am so sorry and will lift you guys up in prayer.

Tamera said...

So sorry for your family's loss.

Scot said...

I am so sorry for your loss Denise! My heart goes to your family and your daughter and her husband! Hugs!!!

Zlaty said...

Hi Denise the last comment was from me - Zlaty using my husbands computer. Hugs!