Monday, April 04, 2011

design, smezzign . . .

Yes. The following is an old picture I've already posted. But my motives are good . . . I'm auditioning quilt designs for this BOM, quilt-as-you-go project. I really need to get started on the quilting end of the BOM if I'm going to be able to put it together when the BOM ends.

Which, by the way, was one of the reasons I chose to not put this quilt together like the shop sample. *Sigh* Life happens. Can I use EQ for auditioning quilt patterns? I haven't done that yet. Perhaps I'll try at some point today. Like when my Sawyer naps! (If I'm not napping also.)

[*Note: One thing I'd really like input on: should I quilt all 16 blocks the same, or should I do them differently? On my last BOM sampler, I did each block differently. I don't know on this one if I want to stitch-in-the-ditch or do a single design throughout.]

I'm sure there are just TONS of quilters out there with NEW photos on their blogs (and new work on their walls). Just head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to check it out!

Tonight, one of the young women in our church is opening up her home for a basketball championship party! I'm pretty sweet & sour meatballs. Yummy!

Oh happy day!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Quilter Kathy said...

Yes...you can play with quilting designs on EQ...it's fun but I would rather do it with paper and pencil, then just start, because playing on EQ can take up A LOT of time and no actual quilting gets done!

Chris said...

Great project. I think it will turn out beautiful if you quilt each block the same or different, but changing it up gives you new ideas and skills with each block.

Karen said...

Well made blocks! I would probably do an all over quilting design because I don't think you would see the individual block quilting.

Bonnie said...

I know you can do the designing in EQ but I don't know the how as I haven't used my eq enough yet. I'm slowly learning it though. The blocks look great. if you are quilting them as individual blocks I would think individual designs would be great unless you decide to put one motif on each block. Good luck. B.

Debbie said...

I use EQ quite a bit...auditioning designs is a great tool with this program but inputting these exact blocks would probably mean actually making each block from scratch...which is a great way to learn how to use the program. Or you can substitute other blocks from the block library just to give you an idea. It is time consuming but isn't everything quilty?

Pat said...

For me, I hate doing the same thing over and over and over again....so I'd not want to quilt each block the same. My choice would be to do each one different. I've not auditioned quilting designs with my EQ, although, as others have said, I know it can be done. Enjoy your party tonight!

Kate said...

Very pretty blocks. Love the orange background you are playing with, it really brings out the color in the blocks.