Friday, March 08, 2013

furrrrrightened felines . . .

All the time I've spent with grands at Joc's house this past week has been *great* for me -- and great for the kiddlies, too.  One who has not really enjoyed the heightened level of toddler/baby activity in her home was this one:
Leia quickly realized that while this spot put her at a relatively safe distance from Ellie and June, Sawyer has a bit bigger reach (and climbing capacity).  At one point she backed into this space:
Yes ... she's cowering in the corner.  A self-proclaimed time-out.  Unfortunately, Sawyer didn't understand that she was in time out.  I think she made a run for the steps after that.  Still not safe.  The funny thing is, she could totally leave and hide . . . but she likes to be where the people are!  Silly cat.

Speaking of silly cats, I came across this clip on facebook yesterday and it's such a HOOT!  
I love how the music plays *perfectly* the funky kitten movements!!  Linking up to Sarah Did It! and Feline Friday!!  

Wrapping up the week, I am still adding things to my CQ block.  My monogram was looking a little lost in its space, so, with the ingenious advice of my darling man, I added the white stitching in the patch.  Now it looks rather like it's sitting on a trellis, which perfectly fits the 'garden theme' of the block!  It also really helps the "D" stand out a little better.
I also added a lace flower motif down there in the bottom (it's transparent and sparkly, so it's a little hard to see in the photo).  Three butterfly charms will go on this afternoon and then it's just waiting for the ribbon to come in. I've tried to crop it to where the seams will be for the rollup.  I think I could just frame this and hang it!  LOL!

I also got word that my doll quilt swap partner for February received her little piece in the mail, so I can share pics of that . . .
It was such fun to do!  And I totally adore that fabric.  It was from my trip to Hammer's during the retreat.  Can you believe it?  Less than $5 a yard?!?  I may go back and get more.  The theme for February was "Something I Love" -- I think this little piece perfectly says chocolate raspberry Dove bar.  LOL! 

Anyone out there do any smocking?  I've got a friend who's willing to sell me her mother's pleater for a very reasonable price.  Joc and Kim are both hot for me to learn and pump out the smocked dresses for the girls!  To be honest, I'm rather hot to learn it as well!! 

I'm off for the weekend ... we're catching up with MSC (mission service corps) missionaries from all over the state of Alabama this week.  Should be fun!  

Yay for Fridays!!!

:)

13 noted . . .:

Missy Shay said...

I've seen that video before, it's hilarious! Your quilt is the exact same colors as the chocolate bar!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Poor Leia! The video was a hoot! And yes, that little quilt just says DOVE CHOCOLATE!

Kris said...

Your doll quilt is darling!!! I saw it on the DQS blog!! Maybe one day we will get to exchange doll quilts!! Your crazy patch is looking wonderful!! And the kittie video was perfect!! Enjoy your weekend!!

Mary said...

I agree the Mini quilt is perfect with the Dove Chocolate Bar. I love making Doll Quilts but have never done a SWAP of them. Have a fun Weekend!

Cathy said...

Your very own pleater for smocking?? I'd jump on it, as fast as you can!!
And your block is bee-you-tee-full!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - what a smart idea by your guy to put that white stitching behind your initial! It's perfect!!! I love your QC more each time I see it.

And you went to Hammers!!! I love to visit there!!! Your quilt turned out really cute and definitely says "raspberries & chocolate!"

By the way, how much does a cat psychologist cost? I figure you would know now that Leia has been so traumatized and needs therapy LOL!!!

Sarah said...

Poor Leia - she so wants to *be* with her people but she is afraid of them. I hope the kitten recovered from those attack apples. LOL. Your CQ block is just gorgeous and I almost agree that is should be framed as I wouldn't want using it to damage any of the hard work put in to it.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

My Tucker likes to find a safe spot to observe from too... love the video. Your CQ is looking great!

Janet O. said...

*LOL* That was one disturbed kitty. Do you think she has had other bad experiences with aggressive apples? These seemed pretty passive to me.
Your stitchery is gorgeous! I hope it gets a prominent place in your abode.
Oh, love the chocolate raspberry--quilt and bar (why do we never get that great flavor in anything around here? I'm guessing, though, that it is a good thing for me that we don't!! : )

Jean(ie) said...

That cat video cracked me up. The music was perfect!

Todd is a great designer. The "D" pops!!!! WTCG hubby!

Barbara said...

Poor Leia. That's how Gracie feels about Smitty. Your crazy quilt piece is looking great!

Sheila said...

Love the mini quilt goes well with the chocolate :-) your crazy block is amazing , think I would frame that one too !

Kate said...

Love the video! Poor Leia, hopfully she'll get a rest this week. Very pretty doll quilt, the pinks and brown do match up with the chocolate.