Friday, March 22, 2013

what i dragged in last night . . .

I never seem to come home from our guild meetings empty-handed.  That was *especially* true last night!  I came home with stuff.  Lots of stuff.  Piles and piles of stuff.  Okay, well maybe that last bit is an exaggeration, but I had a lot.  I had this little piece delivered . . . 
I was so excited that I came home and got the binding all ready to be hand-stitched (which I love, love to do).  YAY!  Can you guess what I'll be doing this afternoon and evening? June will have her quilt very soon!

I got this beautiful thing . . .
Not sure what it is?  Truthfully, I'd have had no clue if I wasn't told beforehand--I'd never seen one before.  Todd said he'd have had NO idea what it was if it he hadn't read the label on the metal tag.
My darling friend Sarah (who was my tablemate at our Stitcher's retreat) had it from her mother.  It's at least twenty years old, but looks brand new.  Neither Sarah nor any of her sisters have a desire to do any smocking, so Sarah decided to sell it and buy something for her youngest sister's soon-to-arrive baby.  Then it would be like getting a gift from her mom.  Isn't that sweet?  It rather makes me tear up.  Sarah also gave me the notebook her mom had saved with all the templates for different smocking patterns!  FUN!!!

First thing I did was post a picture on Instagram.  As you can see, Jocelyn was pretty excited about the whole thing . . . 

Hahaha!!!  Sarah also gave me some fabric that her mom had saved.  
The orange check is darling -- a cute little smocked dress, right?  If nothing else I can use it for practice pieces, too.  And the great thing is, since it's not quilt stash, I'm not counting it there.  That's not cheating, is it?!  LOL!

I also won this tidy little pile last night . . .
I love blues and yellows! And yes, I *will* be counting that in my next stash report! And there were some fun patterns in the book ... but I may be turning that around. Anyone interested?

And ... I snagged this off the "freebie" table (there was a LOT on the freebie table last night):
The little quilt in the top right corner, above the fireplace, caught my eye!  I'll probably offer this one up free to a good home, if anyone's interested in it.  So ... quite the haul from a guild meeting, don't ya' think?!?

On the other hand, I did NOT bring home this box:
Box o' cat! Anyone who knows Leia would understand the irony of her paws showing up in that particular statement. Especially at feeding time. If that's not *paws for thought* ... [insert rim shot here].
Joc and her hubby have put their house up on the market ... in fact, they have their first showing this morning.  WOW!  Anyway, Joc had bought a new trash can (with a lid) and Leia got the box.  Silly cat!  Linking her up with the Feline Friday linky party over at Sarah Did It!

And then, strictly for my viewing pleasure . . .
Little Miss has figured out that she can escape.
And she's quite pleased with herself!

And Little Man has figured out that cucumber ... well, I'll let you see for yourself:
He was pretty pleased with himself, too!

Happy Friday and happy weekend!

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Missy Shay said...

If there any patterns for a basket quilt, I would be interested. I'm going to make a basket quilt as soon as I finish my quilts that will be Christmas presents this year!
She is adorable, you should definitely make her a smoked dress!

Sheila said...

Oh you did have a great haul last night , I should belong to that guild lol! My mom use to smock so I recognized that little machine , you will have lots of fun with that , can't wait to see what you produce. Your grandchildren are adorable .

Janet O. said...

I thought it was supposed to be the cat that dragged things in. *LOL*
I couldn't believe you got that smocking thingy--after expressing interest in it so recently. And to have it be from your good friend's mom--very sweet.
You did make a haul--you are going to need another trailer soon. : )
Look at those very smug faces. Aren't they pleased with themselves--and they should be!

Jean(ie) said...

you will have SO MUCH FUN with that pleater. Oh I'm really really excited for you! That's because I see all those cute smocked dresses you keep posting on FB. I enjoyed my smocking class. It was fun!

I'm laughing at Leia... too cute!!!

Barbara F. said...

Oh I can just imagine the cute smocked dresses for those adorable grandgirls! Good luck to Joc and her hubby on selling their home. xo

Frances said...

Enjoy the smocking machine. I have one stashed away somewhere, and I do remember that you need to be gentle with it, else you have a lot of needles to replace!

Sarah said...

Really? You WON a prize? I never would have guessed, she types dryly. Leia is definitly the strong silent type...that's a riot.

Ranch Wife said...

Oh Girl - you scored!! I see sweet little smocked dresses filling the closets of two very precious little girls! The smocked pieces I saved from the kids when they were little are just about my favorites. Looks like you have two little hams on your hands! :)

Paula said...

What a haul! Looks like your grand baby girls will be wearing smocked dresses and tops. I love smocking.
How fast the little ones learn to escape. Hopefully without hurting her leg again. And Sawyer, what a guy! I just love his antics.

Lyndsey said...

Lucky you getting the smocking pleater. I used to do a lot of smocking when my girls were small and that would have been a great help. Looking forward to seeing photos in the future of those beautiful girls in smocked dresses and tops.

Kate said...

Ooh, can't wait to see the smocking you come up with. Lots of goodies from the meeting, looks like you have lots to keep you busy for a while, including those two pleased as punch grand kids.

Sinta Renee said...

Lots of fun treasures here! You really scored. The smocking machine is amazing. I had no idea it existed. Your special little people are so cute!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow - how fun!!! I always LOVE getting a quilt down to the binding - it feels DONE to me by then :*) I worked on Hudson's quilt at retreat yesterday and hope to finish it soon so I can start on Genevieve's banner quilt - yay!!!