Wednesday, March 06, 2013

i'm a winner in so many ways . . .


First -- quick question . . . I've noticed that the 'search on this blog' feature is not working on my blog and several other blogspot blogs.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Anyone know why it's not working?

Now onto the good stuff -- my stash *enhancement* report this week reflects some happy little wins!  My first win was a *sweet* bundle of Happy Town fabrics (by Jacquelynne Steves of The Noble Wife. . . compliments of my darling bloggy friend Teresa, from A Quilt and a Prayer!
Isn't this the cutest line??!  What happy, bright colors!  And the little scenes are just precious.  Teresa's doing some fun things with it for her little grandson.  I can think of another grandson who'd enjoy it, too!!

I also had a fun Facebook win from Shannon Fabrics -- a giveaway they did in conjunction with APQ.  I won a super-soft and cuddly strip quilt kit in Dr. Seuss fabrics!
I can't wait to stitch these strips together.  But I'm not sure where it will end up! Perhaps it can be the 'snuggle quilt' that Neesey keeps here, for curling up together and watching a movie or after a cold ride on the golf cart?!  Haha!!

So those two wins constituted my only additions this week ... and nothing in the 'going out' column, so here we are:

Used/donated this week: 0.00 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 10.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 6.5 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 37.0 yards
Net used/donated for 2013: -27.5 yards

Linking that up with the week #9 stash report at  Patchwork Times!

I had one more non-fabric win this past week ... a $25 Amazon.com gift card from a promotional giveaway Cross Reads was doing!  I do love Amazon!  I had fun perusing my choices, and here's what I came away with . . .
A rather eclectic grouping, to be sure, but that's how I roll.  I'm really looking forward to delving into the pages of A Christian Woman's Guide to Hospitality.  It came highly recommended to me by my dear bloggy friend Melissa, of The High Altitude Tea Duchess.  In fact, her blog post today contains a reference to said book! The Clever Banners, Panels & Postcards book is filled with some darling motifs that will make perfect quilted postcards . . .
Aren't they fun?  The "cream tea" motifs are the most fun ... wouldn't it be cute to invite a special guest to tea using one of these?!  I know I'll find lots of uses for these over the years to come!

I've been busy working on my CQ course ... I finally finished up all the required bead embellishing on my thread roll-up . . .
The dragonfly (which I'm really proud of -- those wings take more than a little patience) and the button cluster finished up my exercises in lesson six and now I'm on to lesson seven -- ribbon work!  Now I'm *really* out of my comfort zone. I've never, ever done any ribbon embroidery work, so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.  First I've got to get my silk ribbon in ... then I can proceed with the lesson!  Still, it looks like I'm definitely in good shape to finish off the course before the end of March!

I also whipped up a cute set of coasters for Jocelyn -- they match the napkins that we made for her a couple of months back. 
I think I was supposed to make six of each, but for now there's two -- that'll tide her over!

And yesterday, for the second time this week, I got to spend time with all three of the grands under one roof!  Aunt Jocelyn and Uncle Jason took Sawyer to dinner and his first movie theater movie last night for his birthday!  Kim came over to drop him off and play with Joc's Cricket -- and I came over to watch Ellie while her mommy and daddy were out.  It's so funny to seem how they all interact with each other . . .
Sawyer is the doting big brother and love his "Baby June" -- but I'm not sure what June thinks about the attention, based on her expression here!

Ever the clown.  How does he do that with just one eye?!?  (By the way, he was thrilled with "the biggest TV screen ever" and especially the POPCORN!  Score one for Aunt Jocelyn and Uncle Jason!)

Ellie's already wanting to share with June -- so sweet!!

Yup -- I'm blessed three times over!!  

:)

14 noted . . .:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I never realized there was something wrong, but it happens on here. You have been one lucky lady lately...lol Congrats on your wins.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely, chatty post, thank you. Must fly, off to work.

Terry said...

What great wins! Your grands are beautiful, I'm sure you enjoy them.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lucky lady with wins and the grans!

Missy Shay said...

I have noticed that I have not been able to find posts on my own blog using the search button which I thought was weird.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Great wins! It's so fun to receive a prize in the mail :-)

Needled Mom said...

What fun wins and what great little faces!!!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my! Such great wins - you definitely have the lucky gene girlfriend!!! That Clever Banners book immediately went into my Wish List at Amazon :*) I've done a bit of ribbon embroidery and found it to be really fun and the rewards are worth it - such beautiful exquisite designs from just a needle and a little ribbon! You are indeed blessed three times over - and a million times more too :*)

Doniene said...

Way to go girl!!!!! On ALL counts!!

Blessings!!!!

Jean(ie) said...

Awesome wins, girlfriend! Sawyer cracks me up! That eye! What a goof ball!

Mary said...

Great Wins! I'd make full quilts with some of those designs. Love the pics of the grands getting together, always a treat for Neecey.

Paula said...

Congrats on the wins!! They are all so wonderful.
Those grandbabies are just to adorable. Yes, you are one lucky lady!

Sarah said...

I think a golf car quilt is in order! So fun to see the 3 grands getting along :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That "I love to Quilt" banner is sew cute! You are doing great on your beading and such on your rollup.