Monday, March 11, 2013

hippity, hoppity, happity . . .

Happy Monday!  Todd and I enjoyed a great weekend.  Early Friday we headed south for a weekend-long conference in Shocco Springs, a Southern Baptist retreat center.  We attended the annual training and retreat event for Mission Service Corps missionaries in Alabama.  It was a lovely weekend of fellowship, inspiration, and encouragement.  

This week kicks off a flurry of activity in our family.  Joc's birthday was last Thursday, Kim's is today, and Sawyer's is tomorrow.  Plus, Kim and James are celebrating FIVE years of wedded bliss on Friday.  *And* my folks are headed down for a visit tomorrow afternoon!  Whew!  I need to get busy!

I took a little time to get out some Easter things.  These eggs are what are left of the more than dozen I created many, many years ago . . .
I blew them, dyed them, and then used puff paints to decorate them.  Aren't they cute?  The white one should give you a clue as to how long ago it was.  That was my sweet Joc's offering!  

And I've always loved this little sachet of violets.  It was an easy-to-put-together craft and always looks sweet and springish.

I used our travel time this weekend to do a little stitching . . .
I hope to finish this up and fashioned into a little mug rug before my mom arrives tomorrow!  I love to have little stitcheries to work on while we're traveling.  It passes the time very satisfactorily! 

And when we got home, I found the silk ribbon I'd ordered (thank you Thearica!!!) in the mailbox.  Yay!!  So I was able to finish up the last of the embellishing required in my CQ course.  I was *so* afraid of the prospect of the ribbon embroidery, but in reality, I loved it!  The first task was to stitch iris on the needlebook:
Oh goodness.  I could really, seriously get into some silk ribbon embroidery, I think!  And then we were to attach a satin ribbon bow onto our blocks:
Now all I've got left is to assemble all my pieces . . .
Into the thread roll-up, pin cushion and needlebook!  What a pretty set this will make!!  I think I'll be able to sneak in a little more stitching time today and tomorrow to get this wrapped up.  Essentially, finishing up this coursework and the "C" mug rug make up my design wall this week -- I don't believe there's time for more!

I had NO fabric added this week, so this is an easy stash report week:

Used/donated this week: 0.0 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 10.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0.0 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 37.0 yards
Net used/donated for 2013: -27.5 yards

Of course, I also had none go out.  C'est la stash guerre!  

Linking this post up to the Week #10 Stash Report and the Design Wall Monday posts at Patchwork Times and Slow Sunday Stitching at Kathy's Quilts!

Like I said earlier, I need to get busy ... lot's of cleaning and organizing to do ... and I'm watching Sawyer and June for a bit this afternoon, plus doing some grocery shopping.  Hitting the ground running this morning!

:)

16 noted . . .:

Terry said...

wow, you really do have a busy week. Enjoy your Mom's visit.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely job with the silk ribbon - those are beautiful pieces! Enjoy your family time.

Lee D said...

your embroidery is beautiful. Hey don't hit the ground too hard when you are running. Have a good day.

Rhonda said...

Lots of things going on with you. The embroidery work is fantastic.

Janet O. said...

Wow--a loaded week, Denise, but always time for a few stitches here and there, apparently. : )
The ribbon work is beautiful!
Hang in there, girl, and enjoy your family gatherings!

Mary said...

How fun to have the Grands and Your mom is coming too. Lucky!!! Beautiful Crazy patches.

Doniene said...

Have a very blessed week - sweet lady!!

Blessings

Lyndsey said...

Love your ribbon iris and your crazy quilt block.

Quilter Kathy said...

Gorgeous stitching! I love what you did with the buttons! Thanks for linking up and sharing your progress!

Missy Shay said...

Wow, what a lot of work! It is absolutely stunning!

Jean(ie) said...

Love the iris in the silk ribbon! Have fun with the kiddlies!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh, my goodness, you DO have a busy week ahead! Happy Birthday to all the birthday babies! Lots to celebrate this week! Beautiful ribbon work, and how exciting that you are almost finished!

AnnieO said...

Lots of birthdays and family fun, gotta love it! Your irises are just beautiful, you did a great job. Seems you have enjoyed the heck out of this embroidery course :)

Kris said...

Wow!! This IS a busy week for you!! Happy, happy to all that are celebrating!! I love your little Easter eggs!! And the sign behind your violets is wonderful!! Your stitcheries are beautiful!! Can't wait to see how all your blocks finish up!! :-))

Sarah said...

I think those Iris' might be my fav part of the whole CQ class!

Kate said...

The ribbon embroidered irises are beautiful. Love all the projects you made in your class.