Tuesday, December 06, 2011

secret santa arrives . . .

Well Ho, Ho, Ho!! In all the fun of collecting little happies for the delightful blogger I'm sending to, I completely forgot about the fact that I would also be receiving something from my very own personal Secret Santa. When Todd brought me in a box from his run to the post office the other morning, I had no clue what it was. Isn't that the BEST?!!

Anyway, he drops this box into my lap and I'm thinking that perhaps it's one of my recently ordered Etsy items. There's no return address, but perhaps, due to the season, they purposefully leave it off to throw nosey people off the scent (which is *exactly* why it was done that way -- LOL). So I open the box . . .
I'm surprised but very tickled that a vendor wrapped their product in such festive tissue paper! And then I push the paper aside . . .
And my first thought is, I didn't order anything with an angel ornament. I know I didn't. Where is this from? And so I dig a little deeper and dig it all OUT.
Oh! Look at all this loot. Oh, what fun this is!! And then I turn the little tag over and see For: Denise - Love, Santa. OOOOOH!!! Now I'm getting it!! Look at this pretty fat quarter of violets -- with a vein of sparkly thread running through it. So charming!
Did you see that darling little butterfly box? Cinnamon shortbread tea cookies. Oh yummy!
In the pretty green bag?! Tea . . . delicious loose leaf tea. I didn't even need to open the bag to know that it was filled with that rascal of a chap, Earl Grey. Oh my, it smelled so good!! No seriously, it smelled so good I had to stop right there and make a cup of tea!
And perhaps I ate a cookie with it, too. Or two.

Thank you, my darling Secret Santa pal -- you are the BEST!!! And quite *clever*!!! Haha!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Coloradolady said...

That cup of tea looks wonderful!! What a nice package and gifts from your Secret Santa!! Surprises are so fun!!!

Pat said...

Great package! My gal has received hers...so now I'm awaiting mine!I may show it all wrapped but maybe won't open it until Christmas morning!!! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely surprise gift from Santa - cheeky devil!

Jean said...

she knows you,especially with the EG tea and cookies. Love it!

Annesphamily said...

That cup of tea looks wonderful. It is so blasted cold here that is what I need! You received some wonderful items to lease you perfectly! What fun!

Gmama Jane said...

I LOve Secret Santa's!! I would have loved to have joined up with one but I didn't locate any...boo hoo! I'm such a kid at Christmas. Looks like you got some great goodies and I do love loose leaf tea. You need to get a good tea infuser. Matthew got his at Star Buck's I think and Now I want one. Tea is supposed to taste so much better via loose leaf. So English, don't you think??
Merry Christmas
Jane

RicKaren said...

How cool! I wanted to hop over and say thanks for the prayers you are offering on my behalf. Your "cout it all JOY" them/verse really stood out to me today!

Editfolt said...

nice gift.
We Hungary, only the children we used to give gifts when Santa Claus. :(

LV said...

Your Santa treated you very well. No doubt you have been good this year.

Cheryll said...

Santa sure visited you in a BIG way! Lovely goodies too!
Merry Christmas.. :)

corina said...

Santa has been good to you! Merry Christmas!

aprons & Old lace said...

What a great package of goodies!!! Isn't it so much fun. Merry Christmas!

Flora said...

How exciting!

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

I did the same thing. I sent mine and completely forgot I'd be receiving one. When the swap arrived it was in a Home Depot box, so I thought my husband must have ordered something. Then I noticed it was addressed to me, but I still didn't get it. Now I'm trying to see if I can track down my Secret Santa who lives in Colorado. So, it's not you! What a nice assortment you received. Merry Christmas!

Neabear said...

Nice gifts! That angel ornament is wonderful! Tea is a great idea too!

~Linnea

Cathy said...

This is the best time of the year and yourSS gets A+.

Joy said...

Great package, enjoy it! Have a Merry Christmas.