Saturday, October 22, 2005

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Currently Listening A Farewell Celebration By The Cathedrals
(It's actually what I'll be listening to on the drive to the Renaissance Festival, I'm sure!

What a wonderful evening I had last night! My Sunday School class met at the Michael's 'farm' and we had a bonfire. It was the perfect evening for a fire. It was a good blend of the two old SS classes, which meant we got to know one another a little bit better. That was very helpful. We toasted marshmallows and made S'mores and drank apple cider and hot vanilla (like hot chocolate, only vanilla). And we talked and talked and talked. :) It was a group of 40-year old women! What else would you expect?!?

I'm up and ready to head to Florence for this festival! It'll be interesting to see if it's as good as I've determined it will be! The Alabama vs. Tennessee game is this afternoon at 2:30. If the festival doesn't crack up, we can always head home early and watch the game! (I don't think my husband would mind that option one single bit!) He's such a darling to agree to go with me. :)
James is working for Heath Quick, today. He's been working an awful lot for Heath. The Quicks just brought property down the road from us, and it needs lots of work. It's 40 acres big. James will be kept busy and out of trouble for a while.

I'm very excited about tomorrow morning's announcement! I love watching God's plans unfold. But in order to do that, you've got to (1) be aware that it's God's plan, not man's; (2) not be so caught up in one's self; and (3) remember again that it's God's plan--and HIS TIMING!
Sometimes I find myself trying to hurry God along, or lend Him a helping hand. Thank goodness He doesn't need *my* help!

I woke up several times during the night with the wife of the man God's calling to our church, on my heart. I'm loving her with prayer. I look forward to putting a name to space (so to speak)! And soon, putting a face to a name!

I'm starting the day with the Prince of Wales tea. It's a leafy, bright-liquoring [nods to Ashullie] tea, from Anhui, Province of China. I wonder if there's significance in the fact that the tea wrapping is black. Who was known as the black prince of England?

L'haim!

:)

0 left a comment . . .: