Sunday, October 02, 2005


Currently ListeningIt's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)see related

This picture makes me think of Jocelyn. But *don't* ask her why!!!!

Brother Gregg Morrison was our speaker for this morning's service. He did a great job, speaking on the two conversions of Acts 9. First was the soul conversion of Saul. The second was the conversion of will of Ananias. I'd never considered that before and I found it fascinating. The other thing I found fascinating was the use of the term "rise up" in verse six, and "arise" in verse eleven. The Hebrew word is the same word that is used to refer to the rising up, or resurrection, of Jesus. Which, if you think about this, is what happened. Saul arose from his dead sin nature, and was born anew. Ananias died to his self will, and arose to carry out God's will. Just an interesting word picture at what took place in that chapter.

We have the video session of week 2 of the Patriarchs this afternoon. I need to go fill in my answers and get ready!

Ciao!

:)

Currently ReadingLittle Lord FauntleroyBy Frances Hodgson Burnett, Donada Peterssee related

So much to say, and so little time to say it.

One cat, two cat; old cat, new cat!

A husband is a most wonderful thing to have. I am *richly* blessed.

Coffee and a blueberry bagel is the bestest breakfast.

I had a sweet potatoe casserole last night that was superb. I need the recipe.

I know potato is not spelled with an "e" at the end; it's my nod to former VP Quail.

Speaking of which, it's quail season. I think.

I don't know what I'm going to wear to church this morning. It's easier to get the whole morning process started when you know how it's going to turn out. It's hard to get motivated if there's no final product envisioned. Or perhaps that's just me.

I like it when my Merlin cat licks my nose to tell me it's time to get up.

Smiley faces are underrated.

Fashion magazines are overrated.

All next week I will work 8:30 - 4:30; James will be gone all the following week.

Monday will be the last afternoon/evening that I will go to the Stuckey's house and watch the kids while Derrick is gone.

For almost the whole month of May, Todd and I will be by ourselves -- both the kids will be in Europe.

In less than two years I will have no teenagers. :(

I gotta GO!

bye.

:)

0 left a comment . . .: