Sunday, July 17, 2011

knoxville walk-through, part i . . .


So, I thought I'd share a little more from our day at the AQS show in Knoxville. From the moment we walked through the entrance, we were blown away by the number of gorgeous quilts.

The sign to the right of the entrance reads, "No Rolling Carts". Luckily they were NOT referring to rolling walkers! And I'm so glad I had mine with me for the trip. It made it much more bearable. I must have seen better than a dozen others who were using them too.

Here's my quilty crew (notice my hand is on my trusty 'rollinator')!

And now, feel free to peruse the beautiful quilts . . .











I loved the dimensional flowers on this one.







The embroidered bead work on this one was exquisite!





This purple and green tree quilt may have been my favorite. Top twenty, anyway!


What captivated me here was the quilting and the finish on the edges.



I didn't realize what I'd done here until I got home and was looking through the pictures. This darling quilt (two pictures below shows the placard that explains the quilt) totally captivated both me and my friend Kathy. I took my first shot of her looking on at it. It wasn't until I looked at my second picture of just the quilt itself, that I realized Kathy was in that quilt! She's looking at her own back, right down to the hair style and color, and her bag thrown over her shoulder! I had to laugh.





Love the blue hues here!


A tisket, a tasket . . . someday I'm going to make this Bunny Hill quilt for myself!


More stunning blues.


Gorgeous! And aptly named Fire & Ice.





So, now you've strolled down half the aisles of the show with me. There's still the challenges, the back quarter of the juried quilts, a special trip through the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, and some shopping. Parts ii and iii, maybe?!?

In the meantime, go back and scroll through these wonderful quilts one more time. Viva quilting . . . and quilters!

:)

4 left a comment . . .:

carol fun said...

Thanks for sharing these quilt pics! The quilts are just stunning - it must have been a wonderful show!

Paula said...

With every picture I was in awe, but I have to admit, the tree one took my breath away. So simplistic yet so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs
BTW: you looked adorable also! :)

Cathy said...

Wow, wow, and wow!!! Those quilts are fabulous!! I don't know what the rest of them looked like, but you took pictures of quilts I would have snapped as well. Neeeeseeeyyyyy...... I wanna go too.......... LOL

Pat said...

Such a nice variety of quilts there!!!