Monday, April 09, 2012

all kinds of family fun . . .

What a *busy* last several days!!  We've been non-stop and loving every minute of it.  Friday I spent the day with Ellie. 
She's grown so much and has just starting talking and cooing ... what a heart melter she is!
On my way home, I picked up Sawyer so he and I could go to Cornerstone and decorate eggs.  I would have taken pictures but I forget how hard it is to be the 'overseer' *and* the picture taker!  Sawyer spent the night with me, for the first time since before the surgery -- I had so missed having him spend the night!

We were up early and went for a ride on the golf cart to check out the camp.  Nothing much about that morning besides a frog, though.  Ribbet.  After Kim picked him up, we headed to Fayetteville to catch a baseball game (our church is sponsoring a coach-pitch team) and then went to their egg hunt.  From there we grabbed a quick bit and then headed to Flint River to watch Sawyer on his very first Easter Egg hunt!
And do you know he ran right up to that bunny and gave him a hug?!  I was so surprised!  Paw-paw took him over a second time.  Sawyer loves to be in Paw-paw's arms!
He had such a blast, and he was raring to go!
He understood the concept of picking up eggs pretty well, I'd say.

Then yesterday we all had Easter dinner at Kim and James's.   After dinner, we went outside and took family pictures.  I think this was my absolute favorite of the day:
Aren't they precious?  Sawyer was such a good cousin, throwing his arm around Ellie!  I am blessed beyond measure!

Have a great Monday and a terrific week!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Momof3girls said...

Ooohhhh, the video is precious!!!! It brought tears to my eyes, remembering my girls at that age. Such happy memories!
Have a blessed day!

c. Joy said...

Oh, I want one... Thanks for the video. Hope your weekend was wonderful in so many ways. (it looks like it was) Real life keeps interrupting my project plans, I've still got work to do on my pillow. Thanks for your patience.

Teresa in Music City said...

Those grandbabies are just adorable!!! Ellie is a real charmer, with that smile she lights up the world! And I love the picture of the two of them together. It probably won't be long before he will not want her anywhere near his lap :*)

Barbara F. said...

Denise, these two are so adorable....and the video!! Ellie is so special and so bright! I cannot believe she is just 12 weeks old. Sawyer is Mr Personality, for sure. You are blessed, Denise! xo

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely post you shared today - just a great photo on the end!

Janet O. said...

Oh, Denise, that video of Ellie just made my day! How absolutely precious!!

Cathy said...

Ellie is absolutely precious in that video. But then you don't need me to tell you that, since you already know it. LOL!!! It looks like you had a wonderful weekend filled with family and celebration. I hope you have a great day, and s great week.

Barbara said...

What sweet pictures. Love the video. You know I'm living vicariously, don't you?

Jean said...

Definitely blessed for sure! That video reminds me of Gabbie in her early days. Ellie is a chatterbox... too cute. Looks like Sawyer had fun with the egg hunt. Look at him go!

Editfolt said...

beautiful pictures. Easter custom among you cook pork ham and eggs?

Sarah said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend! We had an outdoor egg hunt at "grandma's" yesterday - as kids they were always hidden inside with real eggs. We had a devil of a time finding them some years when the bunny couldn't remember where they were hidden either :)

Lee said...

Now I'm really sure I heard her say "I love you" right back at you. How beautiful she is! and those precious little baby sounds, oh my!!!! Lol, I think I'd have been afraid of that bunny! brave Sawyer!! Look at that little man, all dudded up with shirt & tie, so mature. Truly you are blessed with those beautiful grand-babes.

Cathy said...

Oh My Denise!!! What precious babies and pictures!!! And your little sweet chatterbox is so precious! She seems so intelligent! Thanks for sharing!!! ♥♥♥

Connie said...

Sawyer looks like he really had fun picking up Easter eggs, that is such a fun age! Love the photo of him with his little tie and sleepy Ellie!!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing the video. Now it is saved forever on the Blog. You can show it too her and she will have happy memories of her Neesey. Babies and cute grandchildren turn us into such softies! No new ones coming in my world- I'll have to find one to adopt at Church...

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Grin.....that is definitely all Joy!! I was cooing right along with you guys...nothing like sweet baby love.

Deanna said...

Another great piece of fabric. You are going to have so much fun making her a quilt with all of those. It is amazing how much babies change each week.