Thursday, April 19, 2012

*sigh* . . .

Just a quick update so no one thinks I've fallen off the face of the earth:

Sewing machine - all better and home where it belongs!

Computer - another sad, sad story.  If you're wondering *why* I haven't posted anything since last Friday, my crashed and burned laptop is the reason.  Hopefully by sometime next week I'll be back in the swing of things.  I do not enjoy blog posting, reading, or commenting from my phone, though I'll try not to get too far behind.  My blogging friends are so wonderful!!

Diet - I started South Beach on Sunday.  This morning I weighed in 13 pounds lighter than I did last Thursday at the doctor's office.  I'm too happy and excited about that to be too upset about the computer.  Hey, you gotta take it where you can get it, right?!!

Grandbabies - are still a sweet, sweet joy.  Ellie gets bigger everyday (in fact, Jocelyn was lamenting this week that she's grown out of most of her 0-3 month clothes) and Sawyer is incredibly sweet and all-boy at the same time.  And they are both the chattiest children ... I love it!

My darling husband - celebrated his 50th birthday on Tuesday!!  Happy birthday to the love of my life!   

:)

13 left a comment . . .:

Lee said...

I've been wondering where you were, thinking you were maybe just busy with camp stuff and GLOW. So sorry your computer bit the dust .. I'd be really unhappy! if mine did. Hope you're getting lots of sewing time in on your machine after its visit to the spa. Shhhh, don't tell mine ~ it will be very jealous. Congrats on the 13!!! That's quite a bit for a week or less! Looking forward to Ellie & Sawyer pics when you're back up and operational. Blessings to you..and a late H.B. to Todd :)

Janet O. said...

Glad you had the positive weight loss experience to balance out the computer frustrations. Wow--13 pounds is great! DH and I just decided last night to change our eating habits. It is going to be a big leap. I hope we can have even a taste of your success!

Barbara F. said...

I was wondering where you were - first, Happy Birthday to Todd! Second, that is some fantastic weight loss. Carbs are so bad, look at at what happens when we give them up! I need to buckle down myself. The grandbabies are so precious. Have a great weekend! xo

Mary said...

Glad you checked in. You were missed on Design Wall Monday... Don't have too much fun without sharing. Hurray your machine is home, hope the computer troubles are cleared up quick.

Rachel's Quilts said...

Computer troubles seem to be going around. Mine crashed this week but we were able to transfer everything over to a "spare" laptop from my husband's work.
Congrats on the diet success.

c. Joy said...

I was also wondering where you were. Don't worry I'll wait for you. Enjoy yourself - wow! 13 pounds lighter - just like that? I may have to check into this. Sorry you're having computer trouble. You don't suppose there's something to not being on the computer that is helping with the weight loss.?.?.?.?

Love Bears All Things said...

Good to see a post from you....my computer crashed after last April's power surges and outage...I just discovered some of the cds with photos on them will not open...I guess maybe I lost them or maybe I just don't have the right program...back up your data everyone...
I talked to the girls yesterday at workshop about the Guild meeting...several of them said they weren't sure they were attending. Jonnie said we could work something out and sent me the newsletter...I told her I was just so tired after all the work yesterday that I thought I'd wait and go another time...she was glad because she was feeling the same way.....good luck with your diet.
Mama Bear

Deanna said...

Glad to hear that all is well. Congratulations on the weight loss--hopefully that will help you foot heal even better.

StitchinByTheLake said...

What? 13 pounds? Oh my I want to know exactly what you ate. I'm leaving for Italy, Greece and Turkey (Paul's journeys) on May 2 and I'd kill to drop 10 pounds before then! South Beach? blessings, marlene

Connie said...

Glad you have your sewing machine home and good luck with your computer. CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! You go girl!

Madame Samm said...

Happy belated....and congrats.

c. Joy said...

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you. Have a great weekend.

Kate said...

Having just been through the crash and burn thing as well, you have my heart felt sympathy!

Happy Birthday Your Guy, just a little late.