Thursday, April 12, 2012

the road of life . . .

Today's the day . . . 

Wow!  It's actually the "day" for several things!  First off, my good ol' Janome DC3050 is headed off to the shop.  
Todd loaded 'er up for me and I'll drop 'er off at Huntsville Sew & Vac on my way to big stop number two . . .

My follow-up doctor's appointment where we made BIG life changing decisions.  *sigh*  Is it awful to admit that in anticipation of these big lifestyle diet changes, Todd and I have indulged just a bit?!  LOL!  Not too terribly, mind you, but we have nonetheless. 
I'm pretty sure, based on the research that I've done, that we're going to end up going with The South Beach Diet.  It's fairly straightforward.  The big thing (and the one thing that's probably most important to me) is the elimination of sugar.  I *know* I'm a sugar addict!!  I've read the book cover-to-cover and looked at the phases and correlating food lists.  Should be interesting.  I'm *so* grateful that Todd's agreed to do it with me -- especially phase one, which is the most limiting (and intimidating)!  Changes like this work better when you've got a partner walking through it with you, don't you think?

From there I'll head to Jocelyn's and spend the day with her and my Ellie!!  Yay!!  Then I'm headed to Fayetteville to attend their local guild meeting.  One of the women I am in Sunday school with is co-delivering the night's program on using orphan/boo-boo blocks.  Her co-partner is Cindy, my friend and the owner of Hooked on Quilting!  Should be a fun night.

So, that's it for me today ... I better get my show on the road.  Keep in mind that a joyful heart makes a cheerful face!

:)

10 left a comment . . .:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I get separation anxiety when my machine has to go to the shop. :) I'm also working on a healthier diet and giving up sugar is my downfall. I'm trying, failing, trying again, etc. Slow and steady will get me there I hope! blessings, marlene

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Hope your machine is not gone too long. I am not a sugar craver - now salt!!! And salt is a baddy for me in trying to control my spinal pressure fluids - and joint pain. But you have made wise choices and yes, having someone to support you and travel the path is a big help.

Janet O. said...

Good luck on your lifestyle changes. That is so good DH is going along!
Sounds like tonight's meeting should be fun!

c. Joy said...

I am with you. I recently started an exercise program again (the Curves near my house closed and I took that as a sign I didn't have to exercise). I'm four weeks in and my back is getting stronger. So now I'm changing (slowly) my eating habits. I'll get back to you on this. We do what we need to so we can be around and love the ones we love.

Editfolt said...

Dieting in Hungarian:
breakfast: eggs, fruit juice, biscuits
snack: fruit
Lunch: meat / chicken, fish / bread and pasta without
dinner before pm: 6, yogurt, salads, meats, cold cuts, / no bread /
a lot of walking, movement
good luck to you

send me your package?

Cathy said...

It will be interesting to see what happens with this diet. Your Doctor recommended this one, did he? Do you have to cut out all sugar, including stuff that is in foods already?
I hope your machine has a good time at the sewing machine spa, and comes home ready and willing to go.LOL!!

Mary said...

Have fun at the Guild Meeting. Hope your Machine doesn't have to stay in the hospital too long. Will wait to see more Ellie Pictures...

Deanna said...

And a cheerful face insures that when the time comes all of your wrinkles will be in the right places.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my - it's so hard to send a machine to the hospital! Sending *Get Well Soon* wishes :*)

We've been trying to eat healthier here too, and I feel better although I haven't lost any weight yet. Don has, but men lose so easily. I don't really eat a lot of sugar, but Coke is my downfall! I've cut back considerably, but I do drink at least one a day. I don't do diet drinks, so at some point I guess I'll have to go cold turkey - yikes!!! I think it might be similar to what alcoholics go through when they quit drinking :*)

Sarah said...

Wishing you the best of luck on your SB diet. Thankfully you can walk(push?) each other thru it. I'm sure it won't be easy but I've heard that SB gives great results.