Monday, April 30, 2012

one or two happies . . .

In lieu of a design wall ... because I don't have things that together yet ... I thought it might be kind of fun to share the video of Sawyer's birthday that James (Sawyer's daddy) shot and put together.  I know it's a little bit dated, but there's a purpose.  
If you watch it, you'll notice that Sawyer's shirt changes after he enjoys his birthday cupcake.  Watch that shirt!

And then of course, there's my dear little dolly Ellie who just celebrated her 15 week old birthday!  
She's growing so fast!

Our kick-off GLOW event was superb . . . we had such a marvelous time!  We're gearing up for our next event which will be called, "Batter's Up".  Get it?! 
We'll be enjoying a Gigi's Cupcakes buffet and putting together bleacher cheer bags for the moms and grandmas of the boys on the baseball team our church sponsors.  Should be fun!

I'll have a marvelous recipe for a carrot cake, something quilty, and something campy later this week.  Happy Monday!!!  :)

12 left a comment . . .:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

So happy to see you back in action. FUn video! Love the idea of 'batter's up' - clever.

Pat said...

Yay for another grandbaby on the way! What a great idea to do those bags for the moms and grandmoms who usually have aching bags (and butts) when sitting on those bleachers!!!

Rachel's Quilts said...

Congratulations on another grandchild. Sawyer and Ellie are growing up fast.
Love the fabric Ellie is lying on for her picture.

Melissa said...

Looks like a fun time!

Momof3girls said...

Congratulations on the new baby! I'm so excited for you, Grandma!

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh congratulations!!! A new grandbaby - is there a sweeter blessings?

Jean said...

Oh, I miss me some Gigi's!!!!!!
The wedding cake ones are my absolute favorite!!!!!!! YUM!!!!!!

I'll be in town at the farm in May (21-24). I won't have a car though...

Lee said...

What a fun video, the mustache looked great on Sawyer...maybe not so great on Ellie though lol. And Sawyer's going to be a big brother! How wonderfully exciting that is! How long do 'we' have to wait for the new addition? Blessings to you and yours :)

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Congratulations! These little ones are going to keep you busy, but I can not think of better way for you to spend your time! May the blessings continue to overflow! Sweet video. Sawyer looks a lot like our boy at the that age - he could not be cuter! Great music too - love Jack Johnson. Thank you for sharing such a special time with us.

Love Bears All Things said...

Great Video, Congratulations! The cake looks yummy.
Mama Bear

Sarah said...

Some little nidge told me when you said good things last week that there was another little one coming. The video is perfect in every professional and homegrown way and those mustaches are a great idea for kids and adults alike.

Michelle said...

I'm soooo behind on reading my favorite blogs, but I'm so happy to have caught this one. What a precious video of Sawyer's birthday...he's so grown up! And he's going to be a BIG brother! Congratulations!