Wednesday, February 13, 2013

crazy all the time . . .

I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying the crazy quilting course!!  Monday night I finished up my sample stitch exercise . . . 
I had to incorporate a total of fourteen different stitches.  Whew!  But once that was finished, I was able to go to work on my block.  Oh how fun!
I'm not nearly finished, but I got a good start with it.
One of my favorite elements is where I took the yellow daisy flower from the center and extended it over the seam, into the next patch, using a satin stitch.  I didn't notice the black pencil dot until I saw the picture!!  I've subsequently taken care of that!
And I love this little row of double-feather stitch, with the fly-stitch leaves and French knot buds.  I'm also going to love that little row of French knot hyacinths!

I spent some great time with June and Sawyer last night!  They are so darling ... June is growing like no one's business and so full of giggle and charm!
What fun they are together!  Sawyer is a terrific big brother ... very loving and protective of his "Baby June" and June adores her big brother--if he's talking or nearby, she's only got eyes for him!

While I was there, Kim presented me a final Christmas present!  (Now that's really making Christmas s-t-r-etch!)  
Yay!!  I'm so excited--I've wanted this little wire quilt stand forever!!  I felt bad for Kim, though.  She ordered it on November 29, 2012 -- and it just arrived on February 11.  I was the one who provided her with the link ... and she kept getting the run around about  it being back-ordered and different shipping dates. They weren't very communicative with her--and I felt badly about it.  It was ordered from Nancy's Notions, so I was very surprised that the customer service (not to mention the overall ordering experience) was far less than satisfactory. But I LOVE the stand and am so happy to have a little quilt all ready to go in it! Yay!!

I had a little visitor in the platform feeder yesterday . . . 
He's such a dapper fellow!  But when he's on the feeder, it spins so -- it's hard to get a decent shot of him! 
I've always wondered why he's called a red-bellied woodpecker, when there's not a speck of red on his belly!  I guess red-headed was already taken?

I'll wrap this up with a plug for an upcoming online event I'm helping with . . . 
This online conference will be held tomorrow, Thursday, February 14, from noon to 4 p.m. (central time).  It will feature a terrific selection of very gifted women speakers, all dealing with marriage topics.  What a perfect day for it, too!  Marnie Swedburg is the hostess, and I've followed Marnie for a long time - she's a tremendous women's ministry mentor.  The event is free ... and you can check out the site (and the line up of speakers) on the S.O.S. Training Extravaganza website!  You may not be able to be a part for the whole thing -- but you may see a speaker/topic that particularly interests you and you can check in just for that!  The Facebook and Twitter hostesses (which I'm doing) generate conversation and answer questions on those venues during the expo.  It's pretty cool and definitely worth checking out ... it could be the best gift you give your spouse!!  Plus, if you register and participate, there are some great prizes!

Happy Valentine's Day in advance!!

:)

15 left a comment . . .:

John'aLee said...

Oh your stitching is beautiful!! Love your colors too!

Jean(ie) said...

Yay your stand came in to show off your pretties!

I have a red-deaded flicker bird that visits our suet feeder. He's beautiful! Fun to watch, too!

Glad you got some time with the kiddos. They are growing fast.

Big hugs from the West (wishing she were more East today).

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Your stitching is really progressing. I love the look of french knots, but they take so long! The babes are growing like weeds. And your little visitor is a gem.

Melissa Bishop said...

I love the fabric and threads. So fun and colorful. The conference sounds great. I hope all goes well.

Janet O. said...

Love your crazy quilting stitching! You are doing such a great job!
June and Sawyer look so cute together. Two peas in a pod. : )
Lovely little quilt in its new hanger.

Cathy said...

I absolutely love the way your stitching is working!! What a fabulous way to combine loving to quilt and loving to embroider. Do both together. Hmmmmm.... I think I just might try it sometime..... LOL

Madame Samm said...

stand , new sewing stitches...a reason to celebrate..way to go gf

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Seeing your beautiful stitches makes me want to go pull out some of my CQ UFOs! Lovely.

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! You look like a pro with your stitches girl!!! I love the ones you chose - they fit perfectly in each space. YUM!!! And look at those babies grow too :*) Love your Count It All Joy quilt in your new stand. I have one of those and just love it (the stand, not the quilt :))

Happy Valentine's Day sweet friend!!!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love those little stands, but, thank goodness I can get them a several of my different LQS's. Better late than never.

Needled Mom said...

Love your crazy work!!!! Very nice and the wee ones are cute too.

Mary said...

LOVE the belated Christmas gift! It's nice to see that Sawyer loves his sister, too. Have a nice V-Day. Your stitching looks great.

Missy Shay said...

I love how you did the flower! I would not be very happy about having to with 2 1/2 months for my Christmas present to be delivered either!

LJ said...

I am fascinated by the crazy quilt and did become a follower of CQJP2013 to see all the fabulous blocks. I'm wondering about how you are learning to make the blocks. Do you have a book? Do you get monthly information in order to learn?

Kate said...

Love your crazy quilt block. That's a project that is on my bucket list for someday.