Monday, February 18, 2013

the missing link . . .

Quite literally, that is. 

(Does watching Downton Abbey make anyone else speak with a British accent in their heads?)

I had all sorts of pictures I wanted to share today . . . but in packing up to head to Joc's -- where I'm spending three days and two nights in the sole company of Ellie and Leia (YAY!!!!) -- I left the cord (aka *link*) that connects my camera to my laptop.

*sigh*

I can give a quick stash report . . . 

Used/donated this week: 0.00 yards
Used/donated year-to-date: 4.5 yards
Purchased/added this week: 0.25 yards
Purchased/added year-to-date: 20.50 yards
Net used/donated for 2013: -16.0 yards

Not terrible ... not great, though, either!  Hopefully that will change this week at retreat (the used part, I mean)!  Linking this up to Judy Laquidara's Stash Report #7.

I wanted to show *good* pics of my little block.  The center is nearly completed and I've been given permission to move on to the next exercise, which will be fun.   
I so wish I had a good picture of the center.  The metallic threads give the appearance of jewel encrusted flowers -- it's so gorgeous!  And I extended another of the flowers out of the center.  I think I need to do that with one more, for balance.  I'd like to get a whole yard of that print and do nothing by outline it with metallic threads.  LOL!! Linking that up with Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching!

And I also wanted to show you my design wall.  I don't even have phone pics of that.  I'm taking all my Grandmother's Choice blocks and fabrics on retreat -- my number one priority will be getting those blocks all caught up!  Yay!!  Linking up to Design Wall Monday!

I had other sweet things to show you -- but I'll wait and talk about those when I can show *and* tell. In the meantime ... how about *this* sweet little thing . . .
I love that they have the night vision camera installed in her room!  It saved me a lot of grief through the night.

Leia's more than a little intrigued.  It was nice to sleep with a cat at the foot of the bed again.  And to wake up to a cat nose, checking me out.  And to have a cat follow me into the bathroom . . .
Yup.

I told you that Todd had gotten the golf cart fixed ... well Sawyer's favorite thing is to come over and go for a ride through the camp.  So Saturday, James brought him over and we hit the trails!
This is Sawyer answering the call of the wild with a wild call of his own!  He was very animated -- we'd just come from the top field where we'd flushed out three deer.  They went *leaping* into the woods, tails high!  It was such fun to watch and he was so excited!

Ah . . . here's the other nice thing about that camera in Ellie's room . . .
I know precisely when it's time to go!

Happy Monday!!!

:)

18 left a comment . . .:

Kris said...

Well, I hope you have a WONDERFUL time with your grandkids!! A night vision camera in the baby's room - what will they think of next!!

Missy Shay said...

My cats follow me everywhere too! When I have company over, Pippi trys to go to the bathroom with them and cannot understand why she is not allowed in! Do you not have a cat at your house? I told Chris I would like an rv so we could take the cats on vacation with us, and he told me i was crazy wanting to take 6 cats in an rv! LOL

Ranch Wife said...

I may be the only person left who ISN'T watching Downton Abbey. I feel as if I need to see them in order and I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet.
I am so excited about your crazy quilt! Look at all of that loveliness!
The picture of Sawyer made me laugh - his exuberance pops right through the screen. And how fun that you get to spend a few days with sweet Ellie - she looks very content sitting in her crib. Mine would wake up like that too.

Lee D said...

Enjoy your grandma time and retreat time too. Good luck getting your project completed or at least progression made.

Barbara said...

Love those grands. Sigh.

Barbara said...

Love those grands. Sigh.

Rhonda said...

Enjoy those grands and take loads of photos for memories!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I bet its fun to watch her when she doesn't know it.

You're making a Crazy Quilt. I love them. I began one in a class and need to get back to it. Could you share your link.
Thanks,
Mama Bear

Jean(ie) said...

It's fun to se them when they play in the cribs by themselves. Yay for fixing the golf cart! More rides!!!!

Wendy said...

in answer to your question - yes and no. I talk with an English accent in my head, but that's because I am English. I think when you say British you mean English as Scottish, Welsh and Northern Irish are so distinct. And when I say English, I'd guess it's a souther English RP accent (like the queen!), so in that case, no I don't!

Well that was a convoluted way of saying hello! Your stitching is amazing!

Mary said...

Nice to be invited to have some choice Grandma time! Enjoy, sometimes it is good to be unplugged.

Janet O. said...

Your crazy stitching is crazy, Denise! Just wonderful--how proud you should be of that!
Love the night vision camera. I think my grandson with seizures should have one over his bed!

Janet O. said...

p.s. congrats on your latest win!! : )

Gmama Jane said...

I love your grandpeep posts! You love yours like I love mine...with ALL your heart!! Don't they simply make life more beautiful and meaningful? Love Sawyer's face!! I don't blame him... I like riding the golfcart too! Wish you could find time to visit Sassy Sewers on Thursday. We have such a great time! I'm so glad I took the plunge and formed the group.
Blessings
Jane

Teresa in Music City said...

Don't you just hate it when you forget something important? I finally started keeping a list that I print out every time I pack to go somewhere - I rarely leave anything behind anymore :*) Will look forward to great pics of your finishes when you get back from retreat!

I just love the crazy block stitches - you are becoming an expert at that! The little buzzing trail line is too cute :*)

And what can I say about Ellie & Sawyer? TOO. DARN. CUTE. And Miss Leia too - my Gypsy sits on the side of the tub when I bathe too. Then she hops down and watches the water go down the drain. Cats are so funny!!!

Kate said...

Sounds like you are having fun with Ellie and Leia. I'm still loving your crazy quilt block. I really want to make one of those some day.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Have fun with the kiddos!

Sarah said...

I had no idea there were night vision cameras...only nanny cams. LOL. And as my nephews would say...Leia likes you!