Thursday, June 28, 2012

lots of little happies . . .

Quickie post (well, quick for me, anyway) . . . 

Finished up the first set of coasters yesterday . . . I just quilted a square spiral . . . nothing fancy or precise.  
I think they look fun.  More importantly, Joc really liked them, so I'm happy!  I may practice some FMQ on the next set.
So, one set of matching napkins and coasters complete!  :)

My pillow swap arrived yesterday!  It's so pretty . . . 
Front.
Back.

That was actually the second one she'd sent.  For some reason she felt like the first one did not have the requisite stitching on it.  But I love the first one . . .
Front.
Back.  Isn't it darling?  I particularly loved the little spider web and spider in the top left corner, and the little flowers stitched into the girl's headband!  Her stitchwork is just beautiful!

And here's a sweet shot of my little lady . . . 
She's cut TWO teeth!  And her tongue doesn't like to stay in her mouth.  She's such a character!

I'll leave you with this last image, courtesy of WHNT.com . . .
I think it may be hot this weekend.  LOL!!!

Happy Thursday!

:)

9 left a comment . . .:

Sarah said...

Yowzer - I thought we were gonna be hot at 90F. I hope your AC is in good working order!

Cathy said...

Time to either find a spot of water and a shade tree, or to stay put in air conditioned comfort somewhere, preferably with a grandchild nearby.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

The temps up here in the high country are gonna be in the mid 90's this weekend....everyone is flocking to the river...the campgrounds are FULL!!!
Enjoy

ps....love the coasters...great Xmas idea..

Barbara F. said...

Cute coasters, and that Ellie just keeps getting cuter every day. Stay cool! Hot here too this weekend. xo

Mary said...

I can't complain about Summer finally arriving. Stay Cool in the Campground. The coasters and napkins look good. Miss Ellie is so cute feeling her new teeth with her tongue.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

it is very hot here too! I'm not a quilter, but someday maybe. I have several very old quilt tops that my grandmother put together that I'd like to quilt someday.
Hope you are keeping cool.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

it is very hot here too! I'm not a quilter, but someday maybe. I have several very old quilt tops that my grandmother put together that I'd like to quilt someday.
Hope you are keeping cool.

Quilt Hollow said...

Hi dear friend!
Its been so long since I've been in blogland so I haven't had any visits here for quite sometime. I don't know where time goes but it is a premium these days. Do you find that as well?
Anyway...just popped in to say hello and to tell you to keep cool! Lots of water!! I have to tell myself that too as we are also in for an incredible heat wave.

Janet O. said...

Very nice coaster set--and you say the quilting isn't precise, but I really think it looks great!