Sunday, March 22, 2015

ad nauseam . . .

Okay, well, maybe not as extreme as my post title would indicate, but this is week three of the same stash reporting numbers . . .
Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  I've already finished up two big projects this year, so my usage numbers look fantastic (for me).

I hate to say this, but I'm *still* working on the hand quilting on my commemorative block . . .
I meant to do a post on the curved cross-hatching I'd decided to do (thanks to a post on Karen's Quilts, Crows and Cardinals), but it's just been too busy. Plus, I finally finished off a course of antibiotics for a sinus infection, only to find myself on another round for a bladder infection, of all things. So I guess it's understandable that I've been feeling rather puny. Anyway, I finished cross-hatching three of the corners and only have one corner and to echo stitch around the final border left to quilt. The binding is ready to be stitched on, so hopefully this project won't drag on too much longer.

Spring has finally arrived at the camp, as is evidenced by all my favorite blooms making their respective appearances . . .
I love these sweet purple flowers from the ground cover in the turtle sanctuary.
And then there are these tiny little purple flowers, all over the in the grass!
And of course, my favorite Spring flowers, the daffodils!

The chipmunks have been enjoying the milder temps, too . . .
They're here, there and everywhere!  They're such fun to watch.

And speaking of enjoying the milder temps, we had some two-legged visitors to the camp this weekend, too!
Sawyer and June love to get out and run and roam and ride. Sawyer is showing off his muscles--that was a pretty big limb he had over his head.  And June wanted to climb with Pawpaw to the top of the monkey bars -- she's a daddy's/pawpaw's girl! And little Miss Olivia is happy to see the sights from her snuggly spot!

With all the snow and rain we've had in the last month, both ponds are full to the brim.
The upper pond has a drain down into the lower pond (pictured above).  Then the lower pond has an overflow canal that runs down the side of the hill . . .
And underneath the road where it runs a very windy path through the woods . . .
Until it reaches the big creek. It's rare to see it so full and running so fast through the woods!

That's it for me for today . . . enjoy your Sunday!!  Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.

:)

14 left a comment . . .:

Quilter Kathy said...

Such wonderful signs of spring!
Enjoy your stitching today!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love the walk in the woods - what a great place to live and for the youngun's to enjoy.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thanks for sharing the signs of spring in your neck of the woods as we're still a few weeks away from seeing blooms.

The Cozy Quilter said...

It is looking like Spring in your area! Here, the snow is melting and I saw my first robin yesterday. Keep sewing! Hope you are feeling better!

Deb A said...

Those first purple flowers were always my favorite part of spring. My parents have them on their property and I miss seeing them now that I live far away. Thanks for a happy memory. Looks like spring has sprung in your neck of the woods. Enjoy. Hope the antibiotics clear everything up and you have the energy back soon. Love the idea of the curved cross hatching... I'll have to look into that.

Quiltsmiles said...

Nice post especially when our thermometer is only reading 7 degrees. Ground is still covered with that four lettered bad word too. S*N*O*W
Thanks for lifting my spirits with your wooded walk.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your spring is looking better than ours. We have gotten so much rain we can't walk in our yard. Hope the sun they promise will come tomorrow!

Kate said...

Looks like you are making progress, maybe not as fast as you'd like, but progress is progress. Nothing in, but nothing out, is a pretty good week.

I'm so ready to see a bit of color here. It's still pretty brown.

Needled Mom said...

The first signs of spring are always so welcomed. So are the two legged visitors!!!

Janet O. said...

Very pretty design you are quilting in your block. Love curved cross-hatching!
What glorious photos of the camp coming to life. Oh, how I adore the coral centered daffodils!
Love those happy faces of your two-legged visitors. : )

Dar said...

Nice pictures of Spring in your area. We are a little behind you. I think your numbers look good to me too. Hope you are on the mend and feeling less puny. I can relate to part of what you were going through.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Enjoy your spring. We just got another 5+ inches of snow on Monday.

Linda in Calif. said...

Wow - beautiful pictures! I love them all.

Sarah said...

I finally noticed my tiny clump of snowdrops has popped up thru the remaining snow piles!!!

BTW - 2 of my Xmas cacti are about to blossom for the third time since Halloween. Go figure...we're all happy about spring.