Wednesday, March 04, 2015

wow . . .

aka, Works in progress On Wednesday!

I've gotten a bit more finished on Mr. Owlie . . . specifically, the red flowers at the top left.  LOL!
I think I may have spent more time trying to make sense of my flosses than actually stitching.  C'est la guerre.

I got a whim and headed out to the Nook yesterday morning to work on my book block. I was so pleased to find I had *all* the fabrics I'd originally used -- and in fact, it looked like that block was the only use for the red print and the shirting. So here it is now . . .
To back it, I thought it would be fun to give a nod to the whole reason I'm doing this to begin with -- it's in a book -- LOL! So I snapped a shot of the the block in the book, with the book's and author's name, along with Barbara's personal inscription to me.  I'll print this on white fabric and block it in the blue floral -- here's my mockup in EQ:
How fun is that??!  I'm really so excited about this project -- is that silly? All that's left to do now is to decide how to quilt it . . .
 

 
Those are my original top four templates. Still playing it out.  Hmmmmm.  Todd likes the fleur de lis (top right).  I'm not sold on any particular design. Regardless of which of these I'll use, I'll still have to find something to do in the setting and borders.

So that's my works in progress for this week! Linking up to Esther Aliu's blog today . . . head on over and take a peek!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Janet O. said...

Is your Owl bilingual, or is that you?
I like the way you framed your block. I believe it was my favorite.
Love what you have done for the back. Very clever!
What to quilt--always the big question and stops me in my tracks plenty of times!

Needled Mom said...

I love the idea of adding the letter to the quilt. Those blocks look fabulous.

Mary said...

Good thing to remember that you have been published in a quilting book. My Spool block is the one she chose of mine. It was an honor!!

Mary said...

Good thing to remember that you have been published in a quilting book. My Spool block is the one she chose of mine. It was an honor!!

Esther Aliu said...

Great blocks! It's a tough choice I do love them all but the fleur de lis calls out to me as does the one directly below it.

Sandi Colwell said...

Adorable owl! Did you design it? And is it colored with crayons?- You've probably described it in another post and I'm just forgetting!

Melissa Bishop said...

Your owl is turning out SO cute!

Missy Shay said...

I am loving your owl!

Kate said...

The owl is coming along. Are you almost done with it?

Love the planned back for your mini. It's going to be both fun and striking.