Sunday, March 29, 2015

a different tune . . .

I wasn't sure how today's stash report was going to play. I *finally* finished quilting the commemorative block and got the binding on it. It's now hanging in the mini-stand!
I'd already counted that out in stash usage, so that sweet little finish wasn't going to change my report. But I was also able to get in some glorious time in the ol' Nook. I got all my HST's trimmed and stitched up the four green blocks for Lil' Charmer. 
I also played around with it in EQ and added a substantial border to it, so I could do some fun hand quilting in it with my variegated rainbow thread.
I thought I'd get a lot further and have the whole top pieced by the end of the day (which would make a substantial difference to my stash report), but by lunch time, I knew that wasn't going to happen. When I took a lunch/potty/FB break, I stumbled on a darling little Easter craft and saw the promise of instant gratification, so I printed out the template and headed back to the nook.
It didn't take me long to find the perfect fabric and put one together! And so that's how I spent the rest of the afternoon . . . 
Bunny Sachets! (Or pattern weights -- right??!) Aren't they darling?  You can make your own . . . the free pattern and tutorial is here!  And those are what kept the title of this post from being "broken record".  Because the five of them used about a fat quarter's worth of material! So here's my stash report for this week . . .
Finally.  A little something happening! I know it's not much, but at least it's not much in the right direction.  :)

And last, but not least, I do have a little something new to be working on for some slow Sunday stitching.  Joc ordered matching dresses for the girls . . .
She ordered the blue -- but they have plain collars like the pink -- only she wants them embroidered similarly to the blue. LOL! So I worked up a little custom monogram design . . .
It's a go -- that oughta keep me busy for a couple of Sundays! Linking up with Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.

It's cold, but sunny and beautiful, today.  I'll take it!  Y'all enjoy your Sunday!

:)

20 noted . . .:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So many lovely projects here! :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Funny how Internet inspiration can distract us away from our current project and on to something new....

WyoPat said...

Cute little bunnies! And those dresses are adorable!

Quilter Kathy said...

An adorable distraction and a perfect project for this week! Enjoy your slow stitching!

Cathy said...

Those dresses were way sweet to begin with. Adding the embroidery to them makes them so special! And the bunnies...... so cute!!

Lisa J. said...

I love that bright bright quilt..and the bunny ears are great too.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I am downloading the pdf to make some sachets this summer to fill with some lavender. How cute! Oh i love the little monogram you designed. I used to make my daughters clothes and loved to add a bit of embroidery here or there. I really need to make a dress for my little granddaughter Thanks for the inspiration

Prima Donna said...

I am loving the unexpected use of the black in your rainbow quilt. I need to think out of the box more often. Your quilt is going to be a beauty!

Barbara B said...

Love all of this but especially Lil Charmer!

Teresa in Music City said...

Those little bunny sachets are adorable!!! And I know the girls will be even more adorable in their newly embroidered dresses :)

Kalicocreations said...

All of your projects are cute, but I really like the Lil Charmer quilt!

You must be really organized to be able to quilt in an RV

Terry

Beedeebabee said...

Boy, are you ever a busy little wonderfully creative bee! Your quilting is fabulous, and those bunnies!...I need to make some right away! I love your monogram. I think that's going to be so adorable on that little dress. Have a great week! xoxo

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow oh wow! I love your Lil Charmer quilt ... love the wide border ... how wonderful that will be with all that hand stitching!

Doniene said...

Those little bunnies are darling!! And the monogram is precious!!! Always fun to visit your blog!!

Blessings and hugs!

A Nudge said...

What cute projects and so colorful, too! You should show your block progress at WIPs Be Gone, Denise. Congrats on the finish and your numbers!

Janet O. said...

Your commemorative block looks right at home there.
Lil' Charmer is so colorful and fun. Perfect Spring project!
Look out or all of those cute bunnies will be burrowing a warren from your nook to your home.
The collar embroidery design will be beautiful! Nice job, Grandma! : )

Needled Mom said...

Those little rabbits are soooo cute. The embroidery is going to be fabulous...have fun with it.

Missy Shay said...

I love the collar idea. Your blocks are gorgeous!

Sarah said...

The sachets are adorable!!! I've got a ginormous bag of crushed walnut shells I might use. Thanks for a last minute idea for this weekend!

Linda in Calif. said...

Too much fun going on at your house. And those little bunnies are too cute!