Wednesday, March 11, 2015

wip's . . .

It's a WOW day!  (And trust me, this rainy, grey Wednesday needs a little WOW! in it.)  Believe it or not, I snuck in a little Nook time and actually have something to share!  Ages ago I cut out the pieces for this charmer . . .
Now I've got all my half square triangles together and ready to trim (and they definitely need trimming).
And I got all four of the pink blocks put together!
That's pretty good progress, don't you think?! Of course, I won't have dedicated time in the Nook again until . . . who knows when. The next two weeks are super busy, especially since starting next Monday, I'm working full time at least through the end of March. Yikes!

Today is Kim's birthday and tomorrow is Sawyer's. I'll be headed directly to Chuck E. Cheese's after work tomorrow to celebrate! It brings back *such* memories.  James's 6th birthday was celebrated - and videoed - at Chuck E. Cheese's, and father and son are so much alike. We watch and relive that one every so often and it never fails to give us the giggles. I can't wait to enjoy it again through Sawyer's eyes!!

Linking up to Esther Aliu's blog today!

:)

9 noted . . .:

Needled Mom said...

That's a lot of HSTs, but it will be beautiful when finished.

Have fun at the party.

Kate said...

It's going to be gorgeous when you get it all done. Enjoy all those birthday celebrations.

Janet O. said...

I remember this quilt. I'm glad to see it is getting some love! It is so happy. : )
Good luck with the full time work. The nook will miss you, I'm sure.

Momof3girls said...

It's going to be so beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I think that black has of way of making the colors pop out. I'm still working on my grandmother's flower garden quilt and when I look at it, I think that maybe I should have went with black, to make all my colored blocks pop out. Oh well, too late now. I'll just enjoy it how it is when it finally gets finished someday.

Barbara said...

That's gonna be one gorgeous quilt!

Jean(ie) said...

Keep going! It's going to be gorgeous!

Marsha Hodgkins said...

That quilt is going to be bright and beautiful just like you! Best of luck with your busy March finish. How do we get ourselves in these situations!!! LOL Same busy-ness for me; little sew time. Thank goodness for small projects!

Marsha Hodgkins said...

That quilt is going to be bright and beautiful just like you! Best of luck with your busy March finish. How do we get ourselves in these situations!!! LOL Same busy-ness for me; little sew time. Thank goodness for small projects!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

The block is the same as my 'Intertwined' blocks, just different colors in different places. I like all the different colors with the center squares tying it all together.