Sunday, March 15, 2015

stash, et al . . .

Nothing to see here, folks:
Stash is unchanged from last week. I didn't expect there to be, so all's well there!

I mentioned that Thursday was Sawyer's *FIFTH* birthday . . . how have the past five years flown by so quickly?! Kim and James chose to celebrate at Chuck E. Cheese's, which was a magnificent choice . . . 
All the babies had such fun, as is evidenced by the collage of their big grins (and cake-smeared faces)! Please note that the birthday boy in the center is also missing his first tooth.  Lost it on the day before his birthday. So he woke up on his birthday with 'square money' under this pillow!  I'd like to start my birthdays that way!  *grin*

I didn't get as much quilting finished on my block as I'd hoped to. I took it with me to Shocco Springs this weekend, for annual MSC missionary's retreat, thinking I could get in some stitching on the ride to and from, but it wasn't to be.  I was having a hard time seeing my lines, so I set it aside. But we did make a stop at Patches and Stitches on the way home and I was able to pick up this little gem:
My friend Sarah has one and she let me borrow it as I finished up on my Pineapple Quilt. It works like a charm -- really nice, fine tip!  Plus you can get filler 'lead' in a variety of colors, which is helpful! 
So today I'll use my new tool to remark and finish up the center of the block . . . and then figure out what to do in the four corners!

Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!

Happy sunshiney Sunday!!

:)

11 left a comment . . .:

A Nudge said...

Oh my! I'll have to try out that chalk pen. What a precious set of "grands"!
Blessings!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have the fons and porter version and love it for marking. Glad you are enjoying yours.

Kris said...

What a good lookin' crew of kidlets!! You must be so happy to be part of their lives!!

CathieJ said...

Oooh, I have to find that marking pen.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I like to stitch in the car...it keeps me awake and occupied for long trips! Keep sewing!

Janet O. said...

What a delightful collage of happy faces, Denise. Such fun!
I'm not familiar with that marking tool. Is it a chalk-like line? Do you remove it with heat, water, or what?

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I suspect that your marking pencil is the "same" as my Sewline marking pencil - I love mine! I couldn't imagine quilting without it. ;-)

What an adorable collage ... looks like the birthday party was a success.

Linda in Calif. said...

I like your new tool - I have such a hard time with seeing the marks on my quilts. Love the collage! Oh so cute!! Every time I come to your blog I think I should make a crazy quilt - I just love this one you have on your banner.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love my Bohin marker... one of my favorite tools

Kate said...

Looks like the kids had a grand time! Love those smiles.

Sarah said...

Haha - at first I thought you were talking about me. I would have let you use my Bohn mechanical pencil too, if we lived closer :) I love mine to death.