Sunday, March 01, 2015

what to do . . .

For some reason, finishing off two big quilts (one of which was long overdue and a major challenge), left me a little at a loss.  And feeling devoid of motivation!  I have no idea what I want to do next.  I certainly have some UFOs I *could* work on . . . and there's always something new I could try, I guess . . . but I'm just not in the mood. *sigh* Can anyone relate?

All that being said, it should be no surprise that my stash report has moved not an inch:
Ah well. C'est la vie.

I did pick up some stitching that has been laying around for a while . . .
Mr. Owlie is needing some 'me time', so I put him in the hoop.
This will give me something to slowly stitch this afternoon, at least!

We had a wonderful snowfall last week . . . a record-setting 4th deepest in Huntsville's history (since records were kept) and the most snowfall in February ever. Todd and I got out and did all the cool snow things . . .
Snow Angels.
Snow Cream.
Snow Men (and bunnies and trolls). We even had a snowball fight -- but no pics of that, sorry!

The camp's a beautiful place, all decked in white:
Gorgeous, right? But today the high is supposed to be in the mid-50s, so we're back to green.  For now!

Linking up today to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts.  Make it a great Sunday!

:)

17 left a comment . . .:

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I have gone thru periods of not wanting to do anything. I just take a break and soon I am longing to make something again. Love your owl block!

Kate said...

It is sometimes hard to switch gears after you finish up a project that has been in the works for awhile. Just give it time, I'm sure something new will come along and get you back into the sewing mood.

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a winter wonderland.....so pretty.

Julie in GA said...

Yes, I know exactly how you feel after finishing a major project. It always takes me awhile to figure out what I want to make next. After a very challenging project, I usually opt for something quick and easy like a simple baby quilt.

Libby in TN said...

I know (or suspect) you don't have a huge stash with you, but sometimes it just helps me to pet some fabric, rearrange it on the shelf, alphabetize my books.... Usually something will spark an inspiration.

Cathy said...

I love your owl. I've always thought he was so cute, and his face has such a fun expression on it. It's nice to see him out again. Those are some very pretty pictures of your camp covered in snow...... it does make everything look so clean and pure. I'm ready any time, though, for ours to melt and go away. It'll be weeks yet, before it does. In the meantime, I stay indoors and sew.

1000needles.com said...

I feel you! :)

tink's mom said...

I get in that slump kind of mode right after Christmas every year. I feel like I walk in circles and accomplish next to nothing. I usually use the time to read a book.
Beautiful pictures of the snow.

The Cozy Quilter said...

I sometimes lose my mojo but get it back by working on some charity quilt blocks That owl looks like a good way to get into a quilting frame of mind

Kalicocreations said...

I know just what you mean, I go through that sometimes after finishing a major project. It is nice that your owl is getting some attention. It looks like it will be finished soon. I love other peoples pictures of the snow, I just don't want any here :)
Terry

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your snow creatures made my day! Congrats on a big finish!

Lisa J. said...

I'm another who sometimes looses motivation. I think the handwork on the owl will help you get back in the swing of things.

Quilter Kathy said...

So glad Mr. Owl is getting some attention... so cute!
it's beautiful there... enjoy!

Janet O. said...

I know that I sometimes get in a funk when I finish a major project--haven't had that feeling lately. No big finishes in quite a while for me! *LOL*
Nice to see Mr. Owl getting some love. : )
Oh, you know how to make the most of a snowfall. Love it!

Dar said...

We all have weeks like that. You are still stitchin though. I love your snow animals.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The snow has been lovely but I'm ready for it to be gone. Congratulations on finishing the two quilts! The owl is too cute...sometimes it's nice to just relax after a big project and not worry too much about jumping in to the next.

Sarah said...

Do tell - what is snow cream? We haven't made jack wax yet this year but I think there will be plenty of snow around for when the sap starts running. LOL. We had some weather records in February too: Total snow and cold. Hard to believe you had snow in Alabama...let alone record snow...