Sunday, March 08, 2015

birthday quilting . . .

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that yesterday was Joc's birthday. We celebrated last night in high style with Chinese take out, carrot birthday cake, lots of children antics, and a board game.  It was a LOT of fun! How could it not be, especially with two sassy cuties like these two??
Right?!?

Joc wanted gift cards, but gosh, I hate to just give a gift card!  So I grabbed some Nook time over all the snowy days we had last week and got this pretty little topper finished up for her . . .
It's in the same prints as her Wedding Quilt, so I thought it would be a happy little reminder of it and her wedding day. Ellie, upon seeing it, immediately scooped it up and exclaimed, "Oh it's just my right size! 
Thank you SO much, Neesey!"  And Joc wanted me to tell her it wasn't for her?! Gracious. How do you deny such precious, darling gratitude??!

That and the commemorative block constitute my usage this week.
Nothing in. I'm getting really good at this.  LOL!

And speaking of the comm block, it's also my hand work for the day.
I do love hand quilting . . . it's so . . . steady. Linking up to Patchwork Times and Kathy's Quilts!

Have a fabulous Sunday -- and hopefully I'm not the only one enjoying a sunny, gorgeous day!

:)

16 noted . . .:

Kate said...

What a cute topper. Those little ones do know what they like. Drama Teen has been known to grab a few of my finishes from time to time. Enjoy your slow stitching.

Ranch Wife said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl and you are right - how could it NOT be a barrel of fun with sweet little blessings like that?! Looks like someone will be making another pretty topper! :)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How cute! I think it would be easier to make another topper than try and take back from the sweetie. Happy slow stitching.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It's sunny here ... and should warm up enough to open a window or two. Hopefully the last of our snow will be gone after today. ;-)

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh how sweet that she grabbed it up! Enjoy your stitches they look wonderful! A great way to pass the time until spring arrives

Teresa in Music City said...

Such beautiful happy little girls!!! Of course the quilt became Ellie's the instant she loved it :) We are getting sunshine here too - I'm reveling in it!!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful reaction to your gift!
Enjoy your stitching today!

Barbara said...

What a couple of cuties! Love the table topper.

Cathy said...

What wonderful little girls...... beautiful smiles to make any grandmother's heart melt. I'd forgotten that our girls were so close in their birthdays and their ages.

Momof3girls said...

I think you will be making another one. lol The girls are adorable!

We are enjoying a chilly, rainy day. blah!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Who could resist those cuties???? Looks like you will be making another topper.

Kalicocreations said...

Lol, I do not think that I would have the heart to tell her that it was not a quilt for her.

Dar said...

Such a cute little quilt. Of course it was meant for her. Both girls are so sweet. We had sun all day here too. It was wonderful. More of the same for tomorrow.

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday to her. They are both darling!

I love the colors in that quilt. Soooo pretty.

Janet O. said...

Are you kiddin'? Joc actually thought you could tell that little pixie no?!? Looks like she is just getting gift cards after all. *LOL*
The photo of the two gals is so precious, and Ellie's new topper is beautiful! : )

Beedeebabee said...

What sweet little darlings they are! I think you're going to have to make another one of those beautiful toppers!...I so wish I could quilt! xo