Monday, November 22, 2010

design mattress monday . . .

Yay! I laid out my hexagons to see how it's looking and what I needed to do next. I love the splash of colors! They are so bright and pretty.

I think I need to do at least one more row with my taupe solid on the outside, like the second row (from the left, below).

Some of those blocks are still unsewn triangles. I'm getting there, though! It needs two more rows of hexagons overall, and then it'll be ready-freddy!

Don't forget to head over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times to see what folks have on their design *whatevers* this week!

In non-quilting life, check out this picture:

Can you figure it out? It's an upside down picture. The trees and sky are actually the reflection from the pond. That's why there are leaves and grass above blue sky. I love pond reflections; they captivate me!

Todd and I took a minnow mission trip yesterday afternoon. We didn't get a humongous catch, but we did get a humongous minnow . . .

I think that it may be the Hulk Hogan of minnows!

Yesterday morning, this dapper fellow joined us for breakfast. We were having eggs, bacon and banana muffins. He was having pecans.

He's well-camouflaged, isn't he? I think the only reason I caught him was because he kept racing down the tree to get another pecan. He was a fatty!

Have a glorious day--I know I will. I'm off to spend time with my grandbaby!

:)

19 left a comment . . .:

Kate said...

The hexagons are great! Love all the color too.

Charlene S said...

I love your pictures.

Kathie said...

Love the quilt

Teaquilts said...

Love the hexagon quilt and the pon reflection photo. I used to take pictures of swamps and people would oh and ah over them and realize they were only blocks from home. It's amazing what we don't see in nature. I don't recall ever taking one of the reflection in the pond though. You got a lot of color too.

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the hexagons! Makes me want to get out the 2 projects I have cut out but haven't started sewing yet...love them!

Tamera said...

That hexagon quilt looks like a field of jewels!

I LOVE the outdoor photos, too!

Chris said...

The hexagons are cheerful and bright! Looks great.

Jo said...

LOVE your quilt....It would be an organizational nightmare for me. My dog would jump on it...it really pretty...

Judy D said...

Love your hexagons!!!! Love the chain link effect of the taupe row.

The pond photo is fabulous! Nature photos are as great as quilt photos. :)

AnnieO said...

Very bright and sweet hexagons. This will turn out great.

Love the pond photo. Fat squirrels seem to be pretty common among civilized areas I think, LOL!

Cathy said...

I love your hexies. I fell off the fabric aquisition wagon last week. (actually, I don't think I've ever been on the wagon, LOL), and bought a whole pile of kiddie, novelty fabric, so that I could make my own really cute hexies. Have a good day with your precious baby boy.

scraphappy said...

Such happy hexagons, good luck getting them all together. Your way should be much easier than dealing with all of those inset seams.

Pieces of Time said...

That's a Happy! quilt.
Jane

Mary said...

I like the twirly blocks you alternated with the Hexagons. Good luck putting them all together into the Flimsy.

Peggy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your hexagons are really pretty but they look hard.
Took me a minute to figure out that reflection picture....neat!

june at noon said...

I love hexagons, and you've got so many lovely variations there!

Kerryanne English said...

Your squirrels are so cute! Wish we had them here.

kwiltnkats said...

It's so rewarding to lay something out that almost done. Makes you want to just keep going until you're there. Hope you've got your triangles wind protected. What a lovely breakfast sounds like you had. Happy Thanksgiving.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

your hexagons look great! i agree that one more row & you'll be good to go!!