Tuesday, May 01, 2012

you indulged me...

...by watching that "I'm going to be a grandma again" video yesterday, so now I'm going to give you a sweet little something to indulge in.

For Ellie's Sip & See, Jocelyn made a fabulous carrot cake.  
The recipe came from her dear friend's mom.  It's the best carrot cake I've ever had (and Joc made it again for Easter, just so I could make sure), and it's definitely worth sharing:

Carrot Cake
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 eggs
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. grated carrots

Mix and sift first three ingredients, then add the remaining ingredients.  Pour into two 8" cake rounds.  Bake for 45 minutes at 300 degree Fahrenheit.  Allow to cool

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 c. margarine (room temperature)
1 lb. confectioner's sugar
1/2 c. pecans
small amount of milk, if needed

Beat all ingredients together and ice cooled cake.


Leigh Ann (Jocelyn's dear friend) was Joc's roomie in college.  They did something that I think is pretty spectacular ... roomed together for the entire four years. 
That they both finished and got their degrees in four years was pretty spectacular, too!
 Ellie was quite taken with Leigh Ann, too ... she didn't take her eyes off of Leigh Ann, whenever they were together.  It was so cute!

If you make the carrot cake, let me know!  I'm off to watch my birthday boy's video.  Again.  For the hundredth time.  Because I CAN!

:)

7 left a comment . . .:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oooohhhh! Thanks for sharing! Carrot cake is my very favorite ever!!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love carrot cake, but I will get mine at our local'Carrot Barn' farm/market - delicious!

Paula said...

Ellie sure is growing. The video was great and so professional.
I want to make that cake. I have one that you use strained baby food carrots. It comes out very moist but I am going to try this.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Barbara F. said...

The sip and see looks like it was beautiful! I may give this cake a try, as soon as I lose a few more pounds! lol xo

Janet O. said...

I must have missed your last post about the "going to be a Grandma again"! Great news!!
Mmmm--love carrot cake. Next time it is on the menu I will try this recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

Quilt Hollow said...

I missed that post about being a grandma again...heck, I've missed alot of post...just busy...so sorry!
Congrats to you my friend!!!

Jean said...

yummy... carrot cake! I love that wee little dress Ellie is wearing. nothing more classic than a smocked dress!