Tuesday, July 27, 2010

how did this happen . . . ??

It was really not my intention to spend more than 24 hours in the hospital, but such was not my fate. I had a rough night, complicated by a reaction to one of the antibiotics they gave me early this morning, and so spent most of the day nauseated and, well, ugh. :)

The doc made his rounds just after noon, and much to my surprise, did not release me! I mean, really -- I was a little shocked! But he wants the inflammation to be reduced by at least fifty percent, so here I am. He did switch up my antibiotics, which made me happy, happy, happy!

I haven't done anything quilt-y, though this would have been the perfect time for it, but I was caught totally off guard! Ah well, today would NOT have been the day for it, and I'm praying that tomorrow I'm fifty percent better. LOL!

I do have another precious photo of my cuddle-bug grandson . . .
That happy smile is good medicine for me!

To healthier days!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Cathy Shepherd said...

That smile would melt the heart of the Grinch. He is beautiful.

Mandy said...

Hello, I'm a Charmin' Gal! Making rounds trying to "meet" all our new friends for 2010.

I'm so sorry to hear that you got bit by a spider! Scary stuff!!! I hope you're feeling better soon :)

Pat said...

I hope you are well enough to be "sprung" tomorrow. That nasty old spider had no business doing that to you.....you were minding your own business and not threatening him at all. Let's hope he and his relatives move out of town now! Love the new photo of your little sweetie!

Little Pieces of My Life said...

Denise, YOU WON the pillowcases!
YOU WON!!!
Send me an email with your address and I will get them in the mail to you.
Sorry to see your in the hospital. Not a fun place thats for sure.
What a happy little angel you have there.
Feel better soon.
Karen

Quilt Hollow said...

Ouch! Nasty spider! Adorable little man..just look at that smile!

Vivian said...

Gosh, I've been away. I didn't realize you had been bitten by a nasty old spider. Hope you feel better and get out tomorrow. That picture of your grandson makes me laugh. So happy.

Micki said...

Hope you are better soon! The baby is so cute!
Micki

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a Cutie-Pie he is! Thanks for making me smile! I do hope that you are feeling better very soon - and that you are able to sneak in some quilt therapy (smile)!