Monday, September 19, 2011

designing in eq7 . . .

Hey, at least I've been designing something, somewhere! Todd and I have been waaaay down in Alabama -- almost as far south as you can go -- in Fairhope. We attended a conference on Thursday and Friday, and stayed through today to get a couple of vacation days in. And while there was no on-the-road sewing/quilting taking place, our trip was quite lovely and I'll share more on that later this week. Hopefully. This coming Saturday is the jamboree up at the Camp, so we'll be pretty busy!

In the meantime, I did find some time to play around in EQ while I was gone. It's a good thing I took my laptop! I started a lessons challenge in the EQ7 Yahoo! group I'm in. We just wrapped up the second week. I had uploaded the first week's lessons just in the nick of time, and then went ahead and uploaded the second week's lessons very early, knowing we'd be out of town when they came due. On our way down to Fairhope on Wednesday, I read an e-mail that led me to understand I'd done the WRONG lessons!! And I only had until Sunday night to get back on track!

I did -- and I have to admit, I'm having a lot of fun playing around in EQ and learning to ropes, so to speak. The lesson challenge just involves completing the tutorials provided in EQ, but I need to accountability and the threat of a deadline to keep me honest! LOL!

So today, on my design wall, is a smattering of some of the exports I've done from my EQ lessons . . .
PatchDraw Block -- using a circle grid. I also figured out how to upload free fabric libraries, hence the fun Halloween fabrics!


EasyDraw block -- just your basic 9 patch-in-a-9 patch.

Yeah, it's looks like something for a baby girl, huh?!?



Found Civil War reproduction fabric. Couldn't resist!


Just playing around. Like I said, it's been very fun! Worth the time and effort.

If you haven't already, you should head on over to Judy Laquidara's Patchwork Times and see what is happening on Design Wall Monday!

I'm off to do laundry, grocery planning and shopping, and general unpacking and tidying.

:)

12 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

WOW...you know how to do so much more than I know how to do with EQ7! I'm very impressed, Denise. I especially love that little Halloween design.

Mary said...

You are very wise to take a series of classes to learn what your software can do for you. I love your practice designs.

Bonnie said...

I ditto all the above comments. Now, share girl. What group are you in and how does one join in the fun? I've done a little in eq but its so little I keep forgetting in between. I love the little Halloween design too. And, to actually learn how to upload a new fabric. Wowee girl you are smokin'. B.

Connie said...

Love your Halloween design! That is so cute! Looks like you are having fun in EQ, what group are you in, can anyone join? It sounds very interesting.

Barbara F. said...

I love that cute pumpkin patch design! Good luck with the jamboree. xo

Cathy said...

I love all your tutorial blocks. They look wonderful, and each would make a great quilt, but I must confess to liking the little girly one the best. I want to get EQ7, but it says it needs an internet connection, and the computer I want to put it on doesn't hook up to the internet. How essential to the function of the program is that connection?

Love Bears All Things said...

It looks fascinating.
I noticed you said you read on the way down. You're so lucky. I have to look straight ahead or I get motion sickness.
Mama Bear

Gari said...

I love what you are doing. I am interested in the group you belong to. Can you tell me more about it>

Editfolt said...

I really like the last!

Lori said...

I really need to play around with my program too.

Nann said...

I've had every EQ since v 4 and each time I design a couple more quilts....I need to sit down and practice. You are an inspiration!

Kristen said...

I just received my EQ7 and haven't had a chance to try it yet...would be fun to be in a group like that, the accountability forces you to use it! :) Hope to find a group like that!