Friday, September 30, 2011

post-op . . .

So, it is finished. And without a whole lot of to-do. The doc did a great job -- took him about two hours. A chunk of donor hip-bone, two 4" serrated screws, and two sheets of some special bone-growth promoting material. I am feeling pretty bionic . . . or at least I *will* be, once I'm not feeling so puny!

Look at this side view . . .


It's pretty long -- I think he inserted it at the base of the heel (from the outside) and screwed it in to be pretty flush with the outside bone.

So this is what I came home with. A white cast and oompa-loompa toes. LOL! I keep the cast on until October 10. I'll go back in for a checkup then, he said he'd cut off the cast, check everything out, and put a new one on with a hole cut into it somewhere, so he can attach a gadget that stimulates bone growth/health. I'm not really sure about all that, because he told this to my daughter and hubby, not me.

And, the doc sent me home with some pretty decent pain meds . . .


And Todd stopped at the store on the way home and picked up some pain meds of a different nature . . .

Haha! What good caregivers I have!

Like my candy-corn sock?! Is this not perfect for me?? My darling friends, Carol and Chad, brought those to me yesterday! Love 'em! Joc came over and sat with me and fixed me lunch and ran some errands for me. We piled up in my bed (which is where I'm already piled) and watched movies!


And you know what else?? I got to feel MM2 moving around! Yay!! She was just a kicking and a fluttering! So precious, so very, very precious!

Thank you for your kind thoughts, prayers, and well-wishes! Oh yeah, and if you're looking for the giveaway post, click HERE!

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Pat said...

Oh, my....that looks like a screw that will be noticed pretty quickly by the airport scanner machines!! LOL Hope you have a pain-free recovery period!!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

So glad to hear an update Denise. I hope healing will progress quickly.

Rosa said...

Hope you a speedy recovery and love Todd choices.

Take care.

Barbara F. said...

So glad it is over and a success. Rest up! xo

Paula said...

um, that screw looks awful scary. Actually, it makes my foot hurt.
Glad you are home and have some "good" pain meds.
I always say a prayer for you each night. I will also pray that you can put on the other candy corn sock, soon! :)
Rest and eat lots of chcolate. I hear it helps bones grow!
Hugs

Winona said...

Glad the surgery is over and went well. Prayers for a quick and complete recovery.

Michelle said...

Oh my...best wishes for a quick and easy recovery!! :)

Jean said...

Wow, that's a pain med stash... I like the brown kind, too! LOL! Seeing the greenwise package, you make me miss publix. A year ago we lived in the Nashville area. Now we are up in Ohio.

I hope today finds you feeling much better than yesterday.