Wednesday, September 07, 2011

que sera, sera

So here we are at week 19, on the brink of 20 . . . isn't she gorgeous?

Not only is she gorgeous, but she's also a little smug. She has a SECRET!

That's a little mustache and a little hair ribbon she's got on mini Merkel 2. She knows. Oh yes, she knows. And she's having WAY too much fun keeping this particular secret!

Originally, today was the day she was going in for the full anatomy scan and when she'd find out whether MM2 is a girl or boy. And that anatomy scan still happened today. Only she had a nurse tech two weeks ago that didn't feel like Joc should have to wait, and went ahead did an ultrasound at 18 weeks. Joc walked away from that appointment 90% sure of MM2's sex.

And she's kept mum.

In her defense, she'd already scheduled a reveal party! And a reveal party wouldn't be any fun if folks already knew. So *sigh* I completely understand. That doesn't mean it's not been difficult!! :)

Her theme colors for the reveal party are yellow and gray. To that end, she found this darling print for a table runner . . .

Just a few snips and a quick stitch down both sides, and isn't this cute?

Of course it will be waaaay cuter when it's running down the length of her dining room table, and not across the width of my very short RV table! Still.

I think it would be darling to add some fun fringe at both ends. It would help weigh it down and be an extra touch. Something like this pretty stuff:

But that will have to be as an after thought because the reveal party is tomorrow night! Yay!

Anyway, the runner will go perfectly with the cupcakes she's making for the occasion. Not to mention the invitations she had custom designed (by my very creative son) . . .

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow -- thank goodness you're only a day away. Finally!

Do I care whether it's a girl or a boy? Nope. I can see pro's for both and cons for neither. Whatever will be, will be. And I'll be grinning a big ol' grin.

:)

8 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

What a fun idea! This is my first "peek" at a "Reveal Party"! You are going to be an awesome grandma, oh, the quilts and clothes, and little stuffed toys, wow! Blessings to all of you! xo,

Sarah said...

I can just feel the suspense. Love the yellow and grey fabric. Is there an inkling that this fabric will be in the nursery too?

Alycia said...

Oh I love that idea - a reveal party!! And anyway you guess you have a 50% chance of being right....

Paula said...

What a fun and fabulous idea! I love the colors she has choosen also. I am so excited. I can't wait to hear the news.
Hugs

Asiyah said...

She is GLOWING! What a blessing. I wish I could be there to find out! Please share pictures with us! =)

Pat said...

Never heard of a REVEAL PARTY, but what a fun idea!!! I can't wait to hear the news.......tonight...tonight!!!

Gmama Jane said...

Reveal parties are all the rage now as shown by all the reveal party ideas on Pinterest! What was the verdict??
Jane

Love Bears All Things said...

What a great idea...and of course I already know as I read the post above.
Congratulations....
Mama Bear