Saturday, September 24, 2011

slap worn out . . .

And would you believe I don't even have any pictures of the event? I was too busy running this way and that! Whew -- as much fun as this event is, it's a LOT of work putting together and cleaning up after!

I *did* manage to get a picture of my offerings for the door prizes. I realized yesterday I'd pieced the little candle mat together, but hadn't quilted it. YIKES! So I did some simple machine quilting on that, and threw some black binding on it, which I liked. At first I thought I'd want to do brown, but the solid black looked better. There was already so much going on in this little topper, a solid was definitely called for!

This was won by Joc's sister-in-law, Julia. So it stays in the family!

And then there was the candy corn wreath. Funny thing was, it was won by a man. The first question he asked?

"Is it edible?" Sheesh!

And lastly, I offered up my "Leaves and Acorns" table topper. I love this. Giving it up for a door prize will definitely prompt me into making another!

Yeah. This really is a favorite of mine. It was won by a dear woman whom I very much admire and respect and love, so that's nice!

Our weather was simply gorgeous. God couldn't have given us a better day for an outdoor event! The BBQ was delicious, and our two musical groups really were phenomenal. And we had lots of great help.

And this is post #597! :)

So. About that nap . . .

:)

5 left a comment . . .:

Barbara F. said...

Rest up, Denise, you worked hard and was a busy bee getting ready! Your prizes were the best! xo

Pat said...

Great prizes and I had to laugh at the man's question about the wreath. I do really love that leaf and acorn piece you made!

Love Bears All Things said...

Love the candle mat...very Fallish.

I have a question. Have you ever used the invisible thread when machine quilting? A friend of mine says she does and I forgot to ask her if she puts it in the bobbin too.

I'm glad your event was a success..now you need a break.
Mama Bear

Jean said...

That candle mat is just so darn adorable! Julia is one lucky winner. I really really like the leaves and acorn topper! I love how it's not square and follows the actual shapes of the leaves and acorns!

That makes me want to make one for myself!

Jean said...

That candle mat is just so darn adorable! Julia is one lucky winner. I really really like the leaves and acorn topper! I love how it's not square and follows the actual shapes of the leaves and acorns!

That makes me want to make one for myself!