Sunday, October 05, 2014

acorns, candy corns, and pumpkins . . .

Oh my!

Did a lot of wool stitching this week . . . 
Still working on the acorns!  This is the perfect day for a little Slow Sunday Stitching!! I imagine I'll slowly be working in wool for the rest of the week . . . my sister and her crew arrive late this afternoon!  

I also stitched up two dresses . . . one for Olivia and one for June:
Kim bought the fabric, so I can't count it against my stash for this week!

I did, however, send some yardage to a fellow quilter who'd lost everything to a house fire. Her daughter is a quilter/blogger and posted the call for fabric here. It always feels good to give to others. It was also the only thing that happened to my stash this week:
Still, this time last year, I was at -50.5 yards, and the year prior I was a whopping -119 yards at this point.  Uh . . . I'd say I'm not buying enough fabric this year!!!  I'll link this right on up to the stash report at Patchwork Times.

I also put the finishing touches on my candy corn and got it hung on my front door:
Whoohoo!  I wasn't sure about the brown ribbon, but seeing it up, I think it's perfect!

Found a little treat in Target the other day.  I know "the season" has started when the sugar-free peppermint mocha has hit the shelves! It's my absolute favorite flavor.  I'd drink it year around if they stocked it. As it is, I can't find it at just any store, so when I *do* find it, I buy a bunch.  (Like, all they had.)
I also found these darling little mugs on sale at Cracker Barrel -- I got two to replace the old, plain mugs I've used for forever.  I needed something pretty and girly!  And I got the two of them for less than six bucks.  No brainer!

And finally, what would an October post be without a pumpkin in it???
Ellie and her Grandma Merkel made this little cutie!  I think I may need to make one for my own display this year!!

Happy Sunday!

:)

19 noted . . .:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This wool and embroidery are lovely!

The girls are adorable in their new outfits.

It's been fun watching that quilter get her packages this week! :)

Melissa Bishop said...

Love those acorns!

Deanna W said...

Your wool embroidery is very nice. Nice Fall theme to it. I do love flavoured coffees but have never seen this one..will have to keep my eyes ope for it.Your pumpkin owl is adorable.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely Fall projects - what sweet little dresses.

Needled Mom said...

The wool project is lovely and the dresses are so sweet. I also like that candy corn for the door - very cute.

Dee Dee said...

I am surprised that you get anything accomplished with those sweet grand babies to play with. You are multi talented. Enjoy your coffee!

Mary said...

Way to conquer your STASH. Giving some away. Love, Love those cute dresses and chubby cheeked little girls

CathieJ said...

What a great little door decoration. Those dresses are adorable, as are the little girls wearing them.

Barbara B said...

Adorable grand-girls in their dresses. And I'll be on the lookout for that peppermint mocha!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such sweet dresses!
And love the little acorns you are stitching!

Kate said...

The dresses are cute, but the models are definitely cuter!

Momof3girls said...

Amazon has the coffee creamer you are looking for. ;)
Beautiful girls and dresses!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love Elle's pumpkin. Cute!

Janet O. said...

Your little mat is coming along!
Oh, those little sweeties in their new finery make me smile!
Cute pumpkin idea! Who thinks of these things?!?

Ellen said...

So many great projects! The dresses are cute and the models are adorable!!

Missy Shay said...

Your grand babies are adorable!

Bonnie said...

cute dresses and yes, very cute models. Love the little owl made of pumpkins. You are doing very well with your fabric usage.

Sarah said...

Such darling little dresses!
Peppermint Mocha I don't have a problem with but the local Dollar General has a whole section of Xmas cards but only 3 cards to choose from for Boss' Day tomorrow. jeesh...

Ranch Wife said...

Honestly, I don't know how you manage to find the time to sew anything at all! Your little wool mat is just taking on life with each stitch.
I love that stripe in the girls' dresses - so cute and even more darling with sweet little girls tucked inside!